GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New owner , what’s this piece called ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1991BlueBertha

New owner , what’s this piece called ?  Empty
PostSubject: New owner , what’s this piece called ?    New owner , what’s this piece called ?  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 5:29 pm

New owner , what’s this piece called ?  81d9c510
the vertical plastic trim that’s at the back edge of the rear door on the passenger side, what would be considered the c pillar.  The one I’m buying is missing this piece and I can’t seem to find it online - probably because “missing damn piece of plastic “ doesn’t yield many results….
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: New owner , what’s this piece called ?    New owner , what’s this piece called ?  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 7:35 pm

That piece is called the "fly away panel". That piece is missing is a common problem. It flies off when you're driving and by the time your realize it, you're miles down the road.

There not impossible to find, but awful close. You'll need to be very vigilant in your search for another one.

Tom
Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: New owner , what’s this piece called ?    New owner , what’s this piece called ?  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 9:13 pm

Next thing. Are they specific to the OCC or will a road master or caprice version work? And are they wagon only…. Wondering if I can broaden my search …
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: New owner , what’s this piece called ?    New owner , what’s this piece called ?  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 9:30 pm

Wagon only. Caprice did not have them. Only the 1991 Olds had them. All of the Buick wagons had them.
Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: New owner , what’s this piece called ?    New owner , what’s this piece called ?  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 9:39 pm

So a Buick wagon or 91 olds wagon would be a suitable source, correct?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: New owner , what’s this piece called ?    New owner , what’s this piece called ?  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 9:58 pm

Correct
Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: New owner , what’s this piece called ?    New owner , what’s this piece called ?  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2022 11:32 am

Thanks for your help guys. I cant wait to get this car in my possession and get started enjoying it. I've been wanting a wagon for a long long time and although the circumstances suck (buying from a family friends widow after the husband died last week), it will be good for me to keep the car and enjoy it as much as he did.
Back to top Go down
gyro333

PostSubject: I have several... one yuck, one black, one gold... appear to be held in by a screw on the bottom inside of the door   New owner , what’s this piece called ?  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2022 12:12 pm

1991BlueBertha wrote:
New owner , what’s this piece called ?  81d9c510
the vertical plastic trim that’s at the back edge of the rear door on the passenger side, what would be considered the c pillar.  The one I’m buying is missing this piece and I can’t seem to find it online - probably because “missing damn piece of plastic “ doesn’t yield many results….
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New owner , what’s this piece called ?    New owner , what’s this piece called ?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New owner , what’s this piece called ?
Page 1 of 1