GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vista roof panel glass.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
1991BlueBertha

Vista roof panel glass.  Empty
PostSubject: Vista roof panel glass.    Vista roof panel glass.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 2:28 pm

Just wanted to make sure, the panel in the OCCs is actual glass right? With the tint made into the glass? Prior owner of mine covered it with black tape on the Inside to block the sunlight but Before scrape adhesive with a razor blade, I wanted to make sure it’s just normal glass and I’m not going to scrape tint off
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: Vista roof panel glass.    Vista roof panel glass.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 8:41 pm

Use rubbing alcohol or brake cleaner to remove the adhesive
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Vista roof panel glass.    Vista roof panel glass.  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2022 8:52 pm

Or Goo Gone.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Vista roof panel glass.    Vista roof panel glass.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 8:50 am

Yes it is glass with internal tint.
Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: Vista roof panel glass.    Vista roof panel glass.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 10:12 am

thanks guys! it was easier than I thought it was going to be... fortunately most of the duct tape had been on there for a while and the adhesive baked in the sun to a crystalized hard substance that easily scraped off- making one hell of a mess to vacuum even though I tried to catch it with a shop vac as I went. But all is good now.

Do they make any sort of shade for these units that didn't have a shade OEM? I remember when I had a C5 corvette, they sold a static cling perforated vinyl cover that blocked the majority of the harsh sunlight when needed but allowed you to see out still...

Sprocket likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Vista roof panel glass.    Vista roof panel glass.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 1:08 pm

1991BlueBertha wrote:

Do they make any sort of shade for these units that didn't have a shade OEM?  

Yes the later year Roadmaster wagons had two little shades built into the plastic surround. Find one of those and paint to match as the interior colors shifted when they went to the later years. Not sure which year got them first, but none of the four OCCs I had (3-91 and 1 -92) had the shades but my 94 RMW did.

I may have one, can't recall if I sold it or not as I bought it for the OCC but never got it painted and installed.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Vista roof panel glass.    Vista roof panel glass.  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 1:09 pm

You can adapt a Buick sunshade to the vista window trim. You must put two notches in the ends where the clips for the shade is attached, and you need the two clip that screw into the trim to hold the shade open at the front.

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vista roof panel glass.    Vista roof panel glass.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vista roof panel glass.
Page 1 of 1