GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

tailgate glass

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1991BlueBertha

tailgate glass Empty
PostSubject: tailgate glass   tailgate glass Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 6:27 pm

The first day I had my 91 OCC, the rear glass would pop open when I pushed the button in above the license plate.. but only if the doors were unlocked. turning the key in the button did nothing. The second day, the button press doesnt do anything, but if I unlock the car doors at the door panel, the rear glass will only open if I insert the key into the pushbutton and turn it to the left... But not if the doors are locked. pushing the button doesn't do anything at this point.

What is the proper way this is supposed to function and what can I look for to fix it so its consistent?
Back to top Go down
Bucky53

tailgate glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: tailgate glass   tailgate glass Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 7:20 pm

I'm not familiar with the Olds dash but is there not a release button on the dash? left side.
Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

tailgate glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: tailgate glass   tailgate glass Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 7:38 pm

Bucky53 wrote:
I'm not familiar with the Olds dash but is there not a release button on the dash? left side.

There is. to the right of the stereo with the wiper control. I was more curious about how the function of it works from outside... since it went from pushign the button only and nothing working with the key to key working only and button doesnt do anything in one day... I'll see what tomorrow brings lol. I guess i'll check the button on the dash after work today to see if it works also. i havent tried teh wiper as mine has been removed.
Back to top Go down
goldwolfnhn

tailgate glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: tailgate glass   tailgate glass Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 7:53 pm

on my 94 the way the tailgate lock/button works is that if the tailgate is unlocked just push it in and it releases, if the doors are locked pushing it does nothing but turning while pushing in opens the glass while the tailgate is locked.

if you have a kay fob for remote locking (not sure if the Olds ever got that) there is a button on teh key fob to release the rear window which works if the tailgate is locked or not.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

tailgate glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: tailgate glass   tailgate glass Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 2:01 pm

Having had every year except a 93, all of them work the same.
Unlocked the button should pop it. Key in the button if it doesn't go fairly easy don't force it, the key will break (yeah I did that).

the dash button will pop the glass open if car is unlocked and in park (won't do it in drive for sure).

I would advise taking the cover off the tailgate and inspect the operation with the cover off and an assistant to work the controls while you look at it.

Fred Kiehl likes this post

Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

tailgate glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: tailgate glass   tailgate glass Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 2:36 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Having had every year except a 93, all of them work the same.
Unlocked the button should pop it.   Key in the button if it doesn't go fairly easy don't force it, the key will break (yeah I did that).  

the dash button will pop the glass open if car is unlocked and in park (won't do it in drive for sure).

I would advise taking the cover off the tailgate and inspect the operation with the cover off and an assistant to work the controls while you look at it.  

It only had one day that was weird acting... its gone back to working the right way, so im going to leave it alone for now. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tailgate glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: tailgate glass   tailgate glass Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tailgate glass
Page 1 of 1