GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reverse switch adjustment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
1991BlueBertha

Reverse switch adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Reverse switch adjustment   Reverse switch adjustment Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 3:37 pm

Where is the switch and is it easily adjusted? This wagon has the same issue I remember my dad's 1990 Suburban having, when I was growing up. The reverse lights come on if you hold the shifter up a little from where it naturally wants to rest in Reverse....
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Reverse switch adjustment   Reverse switch adjustment Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 8:19 pm

The switch is a white plastic unit on the top of the column, at the base of the column. It can be adjusted by moving the top part right or left as needed.

The 91 does not have a push brake to shift function. That was first installed on the 92.
Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: Reverse switch adjustment   Reverse switch adjustment Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 8:29 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
The switch is a white plastic unit on the top of the column, at the base of the column. It can be adjusted by moving the top part right or left as needed.

The 91 does not have a push brake to shift function. That was first installed on the 92.

I almost messaged you directly to ask that lol.

So its on the top side but at the base... so its easy to get to without having to take a bunch of crap apart? I'll look tonight when i get back home and see.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Reverse switch adjustment   Reverse switch adjustment Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 8:31 pm

You must remove the knee bolster cover, and knee bolster, and stand on your head to get at it easily.
Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: Reverse switch adjustment   Reverse switch adjustment Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2022 8:37 pm

sweet. that'll work. i like standing on my head under the dash of a low to the ground car
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reverse switch adjustment   Reverse switch adjustment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reverse switch adjustment
Page 1 of 1