GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Door handle adjustment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
shawn93poloconv

Door handle adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Door handle adjustment   Door handle adjustment Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 5:30 pm

My drivers side door handle has a lot of play and needs adjustment. I took off the door panel but am stumped after that point. I dont see how you can adjust it. Does anyone know how to tighten this up?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Door handle adjustment   Door handle adjustment Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 7:19 pm

There isn't an adjustment. Maybe try bending the arm to the latch to take up some slack? Or just replace the worn handle. Wink
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Door handle adjustment   Door handle adjustment Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Check all the plastic clips that hold the rods to the handles/latchs, if they're all good, try bending the rods a bit like Toys said.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Door handle adjustment   Door handle adjustment Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:50 pm

If all else fails, I can get the assembly for you. They are somewhat expensive, and they are also bulky to ship.

The play could be elongated holes in the latch, or the handle. The rods could have popped out of the clips, and are flexing because of the lack of lateral control. They do have bends in them, and angle downwards, which would allow for excessive flexing.
Back to top Go down
windssurfer

PostSubject: Re: Door handle adjustment   Door handle adjustment Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:09 am

Inside or outside?
My outside passenger door pull had a lot of play and I was able to adjust it. There is an adjustment mechanism inside the door. You need to reach into the door after you remove the panel below the door pull mechinsm above the door latch. You will need the Factory Service Manual as it is too difficult to describe here but there is definitely an adjustment mechanism for the outside pull.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Door handle adjustment   Door handle adjustment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Door handle adjustment
Page 1 of 1