GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bucky53

Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon. Empty
PostSubject: Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon.   Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2022 12:18 pm

I'm taking pics in preparation for an auction listing. My spare tire well is perfect but there is a black adhesive mess in the bottom of the well. It's about 18 inches long and 8 inches wide. The spare would sit right on it. Is this factory? It was in poor shape so I got out what I could. It crumbled for the most part. It also blocked the drain hole and I needed good pics of that area.
Thanks for any coments.

Bucky53 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon.   Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2022 12:28 pm

That is not OEM. There should be a white plastic strap with Velcro on the end toward the gate to lift to assist lifting the tire out.

Bucky53 and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon.   Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2022 5:47 pm

My former 1994 had something similar inside of it as well. Pretty sure my current 1995 just has the plastic strap in it but I've only been in there once in 5 years.

Bucky53 and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
Bucky53

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon.   Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2022 7:45 pm

Thanks guys. I do have the black and white strap with the Velcro. Blocking a drain hole is certainly odd.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon.   Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 9:46 am

I have had several wagons with that in the bottom so assumed it was factory.

94Woody and Bucky53 like this post

Back to top Go down
Bucky53

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon.   Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 12:02 pm

Sorry, I didn't know you could like your own post. That's certainly odd.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon.   Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon. Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 8:15 pm

Seems like it would be something to keep things quiet in there. My tire is anchored down as tight as I can get it and it still drives me crazy with constant squeaks on uneven roads. Something cushy between the rubber tire and steel body should eliminate that.

Sprocket likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon.   Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spare tire well question. 95 Caprice wagon.
Page 1 of 1