GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roof racks?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EastonTexas

Roof racks? Empty
PostSubject: Roof racks?   Roof racks? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2022 11:13 pm

Preferred roof rack bar opinions? Wasn't sure if one is better than the other as far using them vs just looks.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Roof racks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof racks?   Roof racks? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2022 2:10 pm

EastonTexas wrote:
Preferred roof rack bar opinions? Wasn't sure if one is better than the other as far using them vs just looks.

Assuming you are talking about a Buick or Olds as the Chevy used the same all years. The 91-93 Olds/Buicis had the low profile metal bar (Buick polished, Olds was black). The 94-96 Buicks got the talller profile 'basket handle' variety in Black. Olds of course was 91-92 only.

Have owned all variations and have been DD a wagon since 2007 and have used the racks 3 or 4 times total.
Once for a Christmas tree and the other times for my 13 ft tandem Kayak. I like the later Basket Handle ones as with the vista glass it keeps the load up off the roof.

I dislike the Vista Roof as the rack area is too short for my tastes (kayak was on the Caprice so it didn't matter), but that is because any time I will use the rack it'll be for long things that won't fit inside.

So short answer, personal preference I guess, but for me the taller racks are better.

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Roof racks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof racks?   Roof racks? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2022 7:52 pm

None. I toss them into the garbage and weld up the holes. Caprice only though. I'm not sure a delete would work well on the other cars because of the glass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roof racks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof racks?   Roof racks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roof racks?
Page 1 of 1