GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roof wellnuts...... HELP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
iceship

iceship

Roof wellnuts...... HELP Empty
PostSubject: Roof wellnuts...... HELP   Roof wellnuts...... HELP Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:29 pm

1994 roadmaster wagon in need of wellnuts........... not all of them are bad but going to replace them all or will have to make some thing work....... Any one know where i can find them ... Can no longer find them at dealership......
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Roof wellnuts...... HELP   Roof wellnuts...... HELP Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 9:56 pm

If you mean the nutserts that hold the rack to the roof, I have some. They are 5mm X .80. How many do you need?
Back to top Go down
iceship

iceship

PostSubject: Re: Roof wellnuts...... HELP   Roof wellnuts...... HELP Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:14 pm

I need 25 of them for the center strips...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Roof wellnuts...... HELP   Roof wellnuts...... HELP Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:09 pm

The nutserts that I have are for the sides of the rack. I believe the center strips used a different insert. I am not sure what the thread size is for the rails. I believe the inserts were a rubber coated item. Take one of the screws to the local parts store or hardware store, and check the threads. Look carefully at the inserts, and try fastenermart.com for the ones that match. They usually sell them in packs of 50.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roof wellnuts...... HELP   Roof wellnuts...... HELP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roof wellnuts...... HELP
Page 1 of 1