GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Alternative hub bolt patterns?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShgnWgn

Alternative hub bolt patterns? Empty
PostSubject: Alternative hub bolt patterns?   Alternative hub bolt patterns? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 8:56 am

So, it seems that wheel selection is REALLY limited for these cars. What would be a better bolt pattern to get a much wider selection of wheels? Rear axles are easy to do in another pattern, fronts, less so….

Are there any other front hubs that we can use with the B body?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Alternative hub bolt patterns?   Alternative hub bolt patterns? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 10:00 am

It might be easier to use adapters and adjust the offset of the wheels to compensate for the adapter thickness.

ShgnWgn likes this post

Back to top Go down
ShgnWgn

PostSubject: Re: Alternative hub bolt patterns?   Alternative hub bolt patterns? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 10:44 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
It might be easier to use adapters and adjust the offset of the wheels to compensate for the adapter thickness.

I found some 1.25” thick adapters to go from 5x5 to 5x4.5 the wheels are 8.5” and have 35mm offset. Not having one of these cars in front of me to visualize (shopping for one) that sound about right to you?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Alternative hub bolt patterns?   Alternative hub bolt patterns? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 12:21 pm

1.25" = 32 mm and 35 mm is 1.37". That is about right with the original 6 m offset. They may be about 1/16 inch closer to the suspension.

Last edited by Fred Kiehl on Thu May 11, 2023 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShgnWgn

PostSubject: Re: Alternative hub bolt patterns?   Alternative hub bolt patterns? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 12:24 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
1.25" = 32 mm and 35 mm is 1.37". That is about 1/8" too much offset, so the wheels will be 1/8" closer to the suspension and brakes. You may need a narrower rim to clear the suspension. The brakes should be fine. A 1/8" thicker spacer would be about perfect.

Nice. Would such a combo with 255 tires stick out? If so, you think just rolling the fender lips would cover them?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Alternative hub bolt patterns?   Alternative hub bolt patterns? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 12:33 pm

I recalculated the numbers and your quote is different from my updated post.
You should be able to put 255s on it with those wheels.

ShgnWgn likes this post

Back to top Go down
ShgnWgn

PostSubject: Re: Alternative hub bolt patterns?   Alternative hub bolt patterns? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 12:52 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
I recalculated the numbers and your quote is different from my updated post.
You should be able to put 255s on it with those wheels.

Thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Alternative hub bolt patterns?   Alternative hub bolt patterns? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2023 7:29 pm

Fronts are simple. Buy a pair of rotors for a 1992 1LE (police package) Camaro. Rock Auto has them for $56 each, Centric brand.

They don't have ABS rings and I'm not sure if they can be installed. Not a big deal to me as my ABS was thrown into the trash years ago. It's a dinosaur system on these cars that barely functions anyways.

I run 255 tires on my 15x8 wheels in 5x5 pattern. Can stick 275s on it with no problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative hub bolt patterns?   Alternative hub bolt patterns? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative hub bolt patterns?
Page 1 of 1