GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dnvrdisc

Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon   Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:50 pm

Recently I had to brake hard to avoid hitting a car and I saw my "BRAKE" light come on. I have not been able to get it to go out since, and the brakes are softer and I need more foot pressure. I checked the Parking Brake switch and it's fine. Any suggestions? The wagon is a 1995 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon. The rear drum brakes were just replaced less than 50 miles ago and the front discs look good.
Thanks for any tips,
Bob in Colorado
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon   Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 12:57 pm

Did you check the rear wheel cylinders to make sure they are not leaking? (check the connections at the back of the cylinder too, where the hard line screws into it)

If that light is on, you have a leak somewhere, air in the system OR low on fluid.

Have you had to add any fluid to the reservoir?

Also, you could have had a crusty spot on a line that busted after your hard braking. Just check for leaks (likely in the area line near the fuel filter on back)

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
dnvrdisc

PostSubject: Re: Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon   Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:13 pm

Thanks Chris! I'll get out there and check those things today! Appreciate your help!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon   Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 9:32 pm

You broke a brake line. That is why the light is on. My bet is on the hard line that goes from the ABS to the rear axle. Usually pops right about under the driver's door. Cut out the bad section, flare the tubes, and bolt in a new section. NO compression fittings Wink
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon   Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 11:38 pm

My friend did that in his OCC. A good hard braking and split a line right open.
Back to top Go down
dnvrdisc

PostSubject: Brake Light on   Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 8:43 am

To all of you thet sent me advice..THANK YOU! The problem was front disc rotors that had worn too thin.After replacing them, and while power bleeding the system...a brake line DID burst, just like one of you suggested! Everything has been repaired and I'm "cruisin" again. Thanks guys!
Bob, in Colorado
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon   Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brake light lit on '95 Estate Wagon
Page 1 of 1