GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RMW Woodgrain Front Fender V Shaped Molding Clips

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
theamcguy

theamcguy

RMW Woodgrain Front Fender V Shaped Molding Clips Empty
PostSubject: RMW Woodgrain Front Fender V Shaped Molding Clips   RMW Woodgrain Front Fender V Shaped Molding Clips Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2023 9:01 am

I have a replacement V molding for the front fender I need to install. I have all 4 post clips that go in the molding but what is missing are the four clips that go into the body in the 1/4" holes. Has anybody found a substitute clip that works to hold this molding in place? TIA
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: RMW Woodgrain Front Fender V Shaped Molding Clips   RMW Woodgrain Front Fender V Shaped Molding Clips Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2023 12:51 pm

Bill

That's an easy question, if I understand what you need.  You need the plastic insert that goes in the fender hole?

What I've successfully used is a BLUE plastic insert that you would used in drywall or masonary.  It's about 1" and tapered, made for a 10 / 12 screw.  Cut off about 1/2" on the tapered end.  Insert, you'll probably have to tap it in.  Little fuzzy on it, but you may have to open up the hole by drilling.

You can get them at HD or Lowes, but might be better off at a hardware, where you can buy them individually. I may have used those white plastic screw in drywall anchors. They have the phillips head and you would use a drill to screw them in drywall.

There are many brands, if you have any issues, I have plenty and will be glad to send a few to you, just PM.

To

rcktpwrd and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
theamcguy

theamcguy

PostSubject: Re: RMW Woodgrain Front Fender V Shaped Molding Clips   RMW Woodgrain Front Fender V Shaped Molding Clips Icon_minitimeMon Jul 03, 2023 6:34 pm

I want to thank everybody for your help. I found an Au-ve-co clip #13966 that is exactly the same as the one GM used. This is a black plastic clip that looks identical to the white clip that GM used. It fits a 1/4" hole and accepts a 3/16" post. What I did was install the clip then I ran a 3/16" drill bit through the clip so it did not fight too tight and will facilitate removal at some later date. They work perfectly. I purchased a box from Dixeland Distributors but there are lots of places that have them.

silverfox103, rcktpwrd and ayilar like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RMW Woodgrain Front Fender V Shaped Molding Clips   RMW Woodgrain Front Fender V Shaped Molding Clips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RMW Woodgrain Front Fender V Shaped Molding Clips
Page 1 of 1