GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Howdy all long roof fans

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JedBet96

Howdy all long roof fans Empty
PostSubject: Howdy all long roof fans   Howdy all long roof fans Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2024 5:21 pm

Hello all long roof lovers and owners. I have a 96 RMW  that I just got out of the shop due to an engine bearing tapping out. These cars phenomenal. Long live the long roofs!

ayilar and Buickman1 like this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Howdy all long roof fans   Howdy all long roof fans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 8:30 am

welcome aboard. you will be able to post pics after your 5th post.
Back to top Go down
JedBet96

PostSubject: Re: Howdy all long roof fans   Howdy all long roof fans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 9:08 am

Ok thank you for the heads up.
Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Howdy all long roof fans   Howdy all long roof fans Icon_minitimeThu Jan 11, 2024 1:46 pm

JedBet96 wrote:
Hello all long roof lovers and owners. I have a 96 RMW

So do I, great cars indeed! Bought 11 months ago at 111k miles, history known all the way back to the second owner in 25 years ago, gone through with a fine comb after acquisition with NOS parts. The odometer just passed 120k miles: She's been through 15 states and Ontario  since I bought her. Wonderful people and stuff mover!

Here is my Betsy a few days ago, getting cleaned up.

Howdy all long roof fans Betsy10

Look forward to seeing pics of your own car. Till you can post them, pray tell us more about her history?

Buickman1 and JedBet96 like this post

Back to top Go down
JedBet96

PostSubject: Re: Howdy all long roof fans   Howdy all long roof fans Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2024 7:32 am

Betsy is a beauty! I don't know too much about Bettyim thinking about doing a car fax report on her. I bought from a kid about to go in the military 🪖. He updated the radio with a Bluetooth unit and slightly cracked the dash pad. I believe he said he bought from an older gentleman. I believe because when I first test drove her I floored it and the kid said not to do that she don't like it and sure the temp gauge started to rise lol. Now 3 years later and a newer heart transplant she is a cherry 🍒.

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Howdy all long roof fans   Howdy all long roof fans Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2024 9:35 am

JedBet96 wrote:
I don't know too much about Betty, I'm thinking about doing a car fax report on her.

An additional suggestion is to use your VIN for a Google/Bing search (do both, sometimes things pop up on one that do not pop up on the other). For Lalie, my 1996 FWB, I found old registration records from Ohio that gave me several more years of information that I did not previously have on my car.

Now that you have enough posts, I would love to see pics of your car!
Back to top Go down
JedBet96

PostSubject: Re: Howdy all long roof fans   Howdy all long roof fans Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2024 12:37 pm

I guess the rear quarter was replaced hence the different color.!!Howdy all long roof fans 200240111
Howdy all long roof fans 20240110
Howdy all long roof fans 20240112

ayilar and Buickman1 like this post

Back to top Go down
JedBet96

PostSubject: Re: Howdy all long roof fans   Howdy all long roof fans Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2024 12:39 pm

Side shot of disclored quarter. Plans of a paint job this spring.Howdy all long roof fans 20240114

Buickman1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Howdy all long roof fans   Howdy all long roof fans Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 7:00 pm

looks good, don't too many without the wood...

something has been repainted at some point and the color match isn't very good.
Back to top Go down
JedBet96

PostSubject: Re: Howdy all long roof fans   Howdy all long roof fans Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2024 8:12 pm

I plan to get the whole car repainted in the spring. I'm not a big fan of the wood actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Howdy all long roof fans   Howdy all long roof fans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy all long roof fans
Page 1 of 1