GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How flowmasters got me to the ER

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
94X2

94X2

How flowmasters got me to the ER Empty
PostSubject: How flowmasters got me to the ER   How flowmasters got me to the ER Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:45 pm

First a little background. Last weekend I finally got the black car towed home. It was the first time since november all 3 wagons have been in the same place at the same time. In proper redneck fashion, I blocked it up in the back yard. I wanted to put it up front but I would have had to move the couch and recliner.

Wednesay I decided that the flowmasters from the black car really needed to be on the 95. so I went and got some new blades for the sawzall, came home, wiggled under the car and started cutting. No, I know what you're thinking now, I didn't cut my arm off or anything. I did manage to drop a muffler on my head but the muffler was fine. I took them to a local shop and had them welded on the 95. The car finally sounded like it was supposed to.

When I got home and tppk a shower, I noticed a few little welts on my forehead. I figured it was probably where the muffler smacked me. Actually it smacked me quite a few times cause the blade got stuck. Anyhow, i didn't think much of it. When I got home wed night I had spots appearing all over my body. By thursday night I was covered in welts and spots. I went to the ER since my wife wouldn't touch me in case I was contagious. All the dr said was "You got into something, I don't know what you have but I can fix it". Kind of reassuring. A shot in the butt and some steroids later They're going away. Obviosly I planted the car right on top of some kind of poisenous plant (it is in the waaaayyy back yard) and laid in it getting the mufflers off. I don't know how much my hospital visit cost but I probably should have just bought new mufflers.

At least the car sounds great now. These are 40 series and I left the resonators on. Absolutely no drone at all on the highway but a nice sound at idle and a good growl accelerating.

Jon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: How flowmasters got me to the ER   How flowmasters got me to the ER Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:22 pm

Ouch! Sounds like one of my adventures.

And just an FYI, that's exactly the way I have my 96 set up. Flow 40's with stock resonators. Burbles like a powerboat at idle. good sound when you get on it, quiet on the highway. Love it.

Nice job!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: How flowmasters got me to the ER   How flowmasters got me to the ER Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Quote :
Obviosly I planted the car right on top of some kind of poisenous plant (it is in the waaaayyy back yard) and laid in it getting the mufflers off.

You might be a redneck if ... you get poison ivy working under your car!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: How flowmasters got me to the ER   How flowmasters got me to the ER Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:40 pm

LMao, that's a grat story. I can just imagine the muffler bouncing off your head as the sawzall blade got stuck......at least you didn't lay on a fire ant hill, but I'll save that story for another time affraid
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: How flowmasters got me to the ER   How flowmasters got me to the ER Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:42 pm

I like reading stories like this one,. then i don't feel so all alone in this world,.
s'amazing how quick a sawzall will bite you,.

Nick
"do these things just happen to me??"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How flowmasters got me to the ER   How flowmasters got me to the ER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How flowmasters got me to the ER
Page 1 of 1