GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keyless Entry FOB question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DrLoch

DrLoch

Keyless Entry FOB question Empty
PostSubject: Keyless Entry FOB question   Keyless Entry FOB question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2024 11:09 am

Are the FOBS the same for other GM cars of the same year? I have a 92 RMW with the option but no remotes. One place I've contacted has the remotes for a Chevy not a buick. I care what logo is on the FOB as long as it will work.

Dennis

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Entry FOB question   Keyless Entry FOB question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2024 1:32 pm

I have a couple of Buick logo transmitters that will work with your car. They are the same as the ones for my OCCs, with the Buick name. They need batteries. $20 each plus shipping.
Back to top Go down
DrLoch

DrLoch

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Entry FOB question   Keyless Entry FOB question Icon_minitimeMon Feb 12, 2024 2:06 pm

I'll take both. Let me know what shipping is. My guess is that you would be shipping Priority Mail® Small Flat Rate Box?

Address is
Dennis Loch
4947 Neighbors Road
Mebane, NC 27302

BTW i see that I really need to proof read my posts before hitting the send button..... It was suppose to say, I don't care what logo is on the fob. My understanding is that all these fobs ABO0116T, ABO0103T, GQ43VT1, ABO0104T are really the same but the rear/trunk button may be different.

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Entry FOB question   Keyless Entry FOB question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 13, 2024 6:10 pm

Check your PMs
Back to top Go down
DrLoch

DrLoch

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Entry FOB question   Keyless Entry FOB question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 9:44 am

Checked. payment sent. Thank You
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Entry FOB question   Keyless Entry FOB question Icon_minitimeWed Feb 14, 2024 4:00 pm

Shipped
Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Entry FOB question   Keyless Entry FOB question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 10:06 pm

for anyone reading this post and curious (correct me if i'm mistaken Fred) but i believe the keyfobs work for all years - you just have to reprogram a fob for your car. and you can only program 2 fobs at a time.
years ago i had a big lot of buick logo'd fobs and before i sold them i was messing around seeing if i could have 3 or 4 fobs for one of my cars. once i programmed the 3rd one one of the first two would stop working and on it went until i realized what was going on.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Entry FOB question   Keyless Entry FOB question Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2024 10:20 pm

I do not know if the key fobs work with all years, but you can only have 2 at a time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keyless Entry FOB question   Keyless Entry FOB question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keyless Entry FOB question
Page 1 of 1