GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WF Florida Epilogue

Go down 
+2
Fred Kiehl
Sprocket
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

WF Florida  Epilogue Empty
PostSubject: WF Florida Epilogue   WF Florida  Epilogue Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2024 11:25 am

Well folks, another one in the books!
We had the first one in 2011, missed a couple in the Covid years, so this was the 11th 'annual' edition of our fun little show.

We were back with the NO BS SS team and together we had about 12 wagons, and an equal number of SS on the show field, a Holden Statesman badged PPV, and Gran Sport C7 vette. The cars ranged from rolling projects to full on show cars that sparkled newer than new. There were also a few folks who showed, but were unable to bring their cars.

The beauty of this show is that you don't have to have a show car to get in, and we love that.

Hats off to the boys from the NE coming from New Hampshire, Connecticut, and New Jersey. Takes a lot of dedication to run 3000 miles for a weekend, but they were happy for the warm weather and camaraderie.

I didn't many pictures this year as I had phone issues, so others will have to post up. I have seen a few on the B Body Wagon Mafia FB group so check over there.

Weather was a big X factor as the forecast looked pretty bad. Friday it rained a bit at the track, but Saturday while forecast to rain all morning, was wall to wall sunshine and a cool breeze, making for a really nice day. Those that went back on Sunday got drizzle and a nippy wind with it.
This kept the crowds WAY down and the show was about half the amount of people as normal.

This parlayed out well for those that went to the door prize raffle. I think everyone in out group that went over won a prize.
We had a good time hanging out in the parking lot at the hotel at night too.

Overall another great weekend in the books.

FlashGumby, silverfox103, 94Woody, rjathon, Rev Bob, Serendipity96, Walterf and like this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida Epilogue   WF Florida  Epilogue Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 4:46 pm

WF Florida  Epilogue Img_2064
WF Florida  Epilogue Img_2063
WF Florida  Epilogue Img_2062

FlashGumby, Serendipity96, Walterf and Buickman1 like this post

Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida Epilogue   WF Florida  Epilogue Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2024 5:58 pm

sweet . . . wish i could've made it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida Epilogue   WF Florida  Epilogue Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 pm

Wish I had made it, but things happen. Planning to be there next year. Hope the group chooses a beach hotel for '25. Plans are now are to make NY wagonfest whenever that is. I already have jury duty in July, may not be able to postpone again. REALLY hope we can hit Watkins Glen this year, the local cruise night would be welcome as well. Meanwhile got some stuff done at home, including a new shed, hardwood floors and more.

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida Epilogue   WF Florida  Epilogue Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2024 8:48 pm

Isurf wrote:
Wish I had made it, but things happen. Planning to be there next year. Hope the group chooses a beach hotel for '25. Plans are now are to make NY wagonfest whenever that is. I already have jury duty in July, may not be able to postpone again. REALLY hope we can hit Watkins Glen this year, the local cruise night would be welcome as well. Meanwhile got some stuff done at home, including a new shed, hardwood floors and more.

Beach hotels are about twice as expensive as the trackside ones. Some of us are on a tight budget.
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida Epilogue   WF Florida  Epilogue Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 3:30 pm

Here are a few more photos:

WF Florida  Epilogue E317f710
WF Florida  Epilogue 7a25fa10
WF Florida  Epilogue B5dae710

Buickman1, WhiteBird and GeoffB like this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida Epilogue   WF Florida  Epilogue Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2024 1:38 pm

Isurf wrote:

I won't be going back to the BW next year. I'm done with it. 11 years and never saw a roach before this year and I must have killed 20 in my room (all babies, but still).

I'm also down for the beach. I think with a block of rooms we can get a better deal, but that said the hotel only reported 4 rooms under our banner and I know we had at least 6 so, either people weren't mentioning the WF group with the hotel or their count was off.

I spoke with SS Ivan and he made a late reservation at the Marriott on the east side of the track and only paid $5 more than we did....better planning needed for hotel next year.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
Serendipity96

Serendipity96

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida Epilogue   WF Florida  Epilogue Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2024 10:09 pm

obviously i wasn't there, but i when i thought i might be able to go i checked i think bookingDOT com for the same hotel/dates and i was able to find a better price than the group rate. Pretty crappy when you try to make a deal with a hotel for guaranteed business and they actually charge more than the going rate. wasn't a huge difference, but still....

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/followyourbliss101
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida Epilogue   WF Florida  Epilogue Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2024 11:04 pm

Serendipity96 wrote:
obviously i wasn't there, but i when i thought i might be able to go i checked i think bookingDOT com for the same hotel/dates and i was able to find a better price than the group rate. Pretty crappy when you try to make a deal with a hotel for guaranteed business and they actually charge more than the going rate.  wasn't a huge difference, but still....

The couple of times I stayed at the hotel I booked the room through the BW website and being a rewards member got me a room cheaper than the group rate as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WF Florida Epilogue   WF Florida  Epilogue Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WF Florida Epilogue
Page 1 of 1