GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brother Can you Spare a Tire?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
zonaman

zonaman

Brother Can you Spare a Tire? Empty
PostSubject: Brother Can you Spare a Tire?   Brother Can you Spare a Tire? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 9:46 pm

Finally got around to looking at my spare. It is, I believe, the original donut spare from '95. Looks remarkably good too. However, if I use it I'll bet I'd be the only kid on my block relying on one that old. Should I replace it with another- same type or do you (can you) fit a full size spare in the compartment? Are those donuts the same diameter as the road tires?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Brother Can you Spare a Tire?   Brother Can you Spare a Tire? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2024 10:42 pm

You can fit a full size tire and rim in the compartment. I have had 225 75R15 and 235 70R15 in the compartment.

Tom

zonaman likes this post

Back to top Go down
zonaman

zonaman

PostSubject: Re: Brother Can you Spare a Tire?   Brother Can you Spare a Tire? Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2024 10:14 pm

Went with full size spare

silverfox103 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Brother Can you Spare a Tire?   Brother Can you Spare a Tire? Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2024 10:15 am

One evening, my beautiful wife and I heard a sound like an 88 mm cannon going off in our home. We looked for evidence of a terrorist attack or an airplane crash but found nothing.

Months later I discovered it was the 65 PSIG donut spare in our Eldorado had completely blown to shreds while in the trunk. Never been on the ground.

Full size spare is the right move.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Brother Can you Spare a Tire?   Brother Can you Spare a Tire? Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2024 4:33 pm

Rev Bob wrote:
One evening, my beautiful wife and I heard a sound like an 88 mm cannon going off in our home. We looked for evidence of a terrorist attack or an airplane crash but found nothing.

Months later I discovered it was the 65 PSIG donut spare in our Eldorado had completely blown to shreds while in the trunk. Never been on the ground.

WOW Shocked
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Brother Can you Spare a Tire?   Brother Can you Spare a Tire? Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2024 11:37 pm

Years ago my mom was dating a guy, and they were returning from a primitive cabin with their trash in the trunk...the spare detonated making a trash bomb in the trunk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brother Can you Spare a Tire?   Brother Can you Spare a Tire? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brother Can you Spare a Tire?
Page 1 of 1