GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!

Go down 
+10
phantom 309
lakeffect
Krzdimond
jayoldschool
Cadet57
Sprocket
94Woody
DBeaSSt
BigBlackBeaSSt
a1awind
14 posters
AuthorMessage
a1awind

a1awind

tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Empty
PostSubject: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 3:59 pm

Gave gave him just that suggestion..................
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:24 pm

Either clueless or just plain rude. Either way, I won't be reading much from him.... ever again. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:12 pm

Who?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Never heard of him until I opened this thread.

He's an idiot, but does think the same way the majority of people (at least in North America) do.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 8:08 pm

I left a comment, what a tool.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:08 pm

what a doooosh.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:14 pm

Doesn't bother me in the least. The more people that think our cars are cool, the higher the prices will go. I like my wagons cheap Wink

We all know the real story, no one needs some hack to proclaim our cars are or aren't desireable.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:27 pm

just left a comment.....
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:36 am

The ironic part of course is that we all went to buy them cheap, but selling them is a different story.

I went to a car show yesterday, about 150 cars were there. Typical mix of 30'and 40's rods, 50's lead sleds, later muscle cars, and a half dozen current Mustangs and Corvettes. Other than my wagon, there wasn't a single 90's car represented there. What does that tell you about performance cars from that decade?
I agree that we will never have the popularity of tri-fives, but honestly when I got home after viewing all those cars, I realized if I had my chance to be like Jay Leno, Shammoo would still be a part of my collection. The 24 Hours of Lemans winning Ford GT Mark 4 from the 60'swould be second.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:36 pm

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

is the nom de plume of silverfox 102, dutch tom?
too lips? vuuhden shoos?

meh,. skit.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:54 pm

lakeffect wrote:
The ironic part of course is that we all went to buy them cheap, but selling them is a different story.

I went to a car show yesterday, about 150 cars were there. Typical mix of 30'and 40's rods, 50's lead sleds, later muscle cars, and a half dozen current Mustangs and Corvettes. Other than my wagon, there wasn't a single 90's car represented there. What does that tell you about performance cars from that decade?
I agree that we will never have the popularity of tri-fives, but honestly when I got home after viewing all those cars, I realized if I had my chance to be like Jay Leno, Shammoo would still be a part of my collection. The 24 Hours of Lemans winning Ford GT Mark 4 from the 60'swould be second.

Well in the 60s where tri five sought after?

In the 70s were 1st gen camaros though of as more than there goes Jimmy in the POS camaro, he should upgrade.

Our time is coming, we are just ahead of the curve.

Hell, early 80s F-bodys are starting to be sought after....seriously. performance wise they blow, but the best of the decade (anemic as it was) are starting to filter to the top.
Just recall 1978, the fastest production vehicle for sale in North America was a Dodge Lil Red Truck, yeah a pickup that would out perform a vette.....
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Just recall 1978, the fastest production vehicle for sale in North America was a Dodge Lil Red Truck, yeah a pickup that would out perform a vette.....
same in 1974,.454 "street coupe" pickup,.
Back to top Go down
louriv

louriv

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:07 pm

Just about weekly I get a "Hey what year is that?" or an "I remember riding in my moms wagon, great cars" or a passing thumbs up.
This guy Tom Whatever is no enthusiast. He obviously can't tell a Chevy from a Buick, and has no idea what these cars are capable of. I have never heard of him or read any of his "work" before and never will again. He should go back to oblivion on his Volvo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.HippodromeGourmetCandles.com
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:14 pm

Same here. Coming home from WF, we were stopped at a rest area on the Mass Pike when an older couple walking back to their Explorer stopped and complimented me on their wagon. They told me about their '72 wagon and how they used it for eveything. Told me to "keep it in great shape, as real cars like that are getting rarer and rarer" Not to mention the thumbs up and waves from fans and fellow owners alike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:15 pm

A lot of my parents friends have commented on my car, and my mom's boss thought it was awesome that someone my age was driving it. He was telling me about the Vista Cruiser his parents had back in the day, and asked to take mine for a drive. It was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:49 pm

the best for me was on the way back from florida, i was on I-95 in georgia and a toyota corolla rolls up next to me, i then noticed the (college age) kid in the backseat was snapping pics of my wagon ...they then all gave me a thumbs up and took off!
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 9:36 pm

I had a guy chase me to a mcdonalds to ask me about my RMW. Some morons (like the one in that article) think everyone looks right through them as some junk old car. The reality people notice them and are amazed by them.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:27 pm

I was at the beach pulling my 9'6" out of RUby and 4 girls came up in bikinis and were asking me to take pics of them by my car. I of course obilgized as the had my board and sprawled themselves on the hood and I took lots of pics. They promised to email me some but never did Sad

I still haven't washed the car, ha ha ha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:28 pm

Who washes cars anymore? That's so overrated.

Pretty sweet, though. :p
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Who washes cars anymore? That's so overrated.

Pretty sweet, though. :p
I sure don't! With a construction site accross the street from you its a waste of time. You get 10 minutes out a clean car before dirt moves back in. Shocked
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:06 am

Sprocket wrote:
I was at the beach pulling my 9'6" out of RUby and 4 girls came up in bikinis and were asking me to take pics of them by my car. I of course obilgized as the had my board and sprawled themselves on the hood and I took lots of pics. They promised to email me some but never did Sad

I still haven't washed the car, ha ha ha

sounds like crovo's trip to hooters in carlisle....wish id've gone there instead of the pub!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 7:53 am

My wife and my Mom both hate my Roadmaster wagon. I think it's the wood, or just that it looks old-fashioned to them. My wife tolerated my 89 Custom Cruiser, even drove it a few times, but it was solid white, no wood. She also calls my '88 Cutlass Supreme Classic "The Ghetto Car" even though it's bone stock and original down to the Super Stock wheels.

I personally don't care. I'll keep her in newer "modern" cars (no Camry's or Hondas though, only Bonneville's, Grand Prixs, GM Trucks for family cars", and drive what I like. At least it keeps the miles of my toys since they are not used for family road trips.

She likes the '67 GTO however...and it doesn't even run. Ha! You just never know.

I find it funny that these wagons were designed for "soccer moms" to use as family cars and now it's all us guys that love them.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:52 pm

Most of my friends hate my wagons. They only see them as "derby cars" Evil or Very Mad . Someone at my work even said to me "Dave, I'll drive your wagon any day....in a derby!". I had to school them on the wagon and did a burn out in the parking lot, instant respect for the wagon.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:01 pm

95BRMW wrote:
Most of my friends hate my wagons. They only see them as "derby cars" Evil or Very Mad . Someone at my work even said to me "Dave, I'll drive your wagon any day....in a derby!". I had to school them on the wagon and did a burn out in the parking lot, instant respect for the wagon.

Haha same here. I once had to overtake a BMW 5 series, the before my friends realized it I had the car just about at WOT and the Bimmer was already about 1/4 mile away Cool
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:38 pm

Women still won't like it, but put Vette rail covers on it and it gets huge respect at the car shows now!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 2:55 pm

lol I surprised the crap out of a friend of mine with the car one day. It was 4am and we were hunting for food after spending most of the night studying for final exams. We decided to turn back in the direction of the school, so I got in a lane to make a U-turn, and he's like "You'll never turn this big ass boat that fast."

I floored it and slid the car around, and he reached up for the non-existent "Oh-****" bar. After I slowed back down and stopped at the light, I was like "You were saying?"

Wagons FTMFW.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:17 pm

Lol, I left my comment. I know I've told a few of you guys...but Robert Petersen is a big Roadmaster Wagon fan. He owns a couple (and a LT1 Fleetwood too) and talks about them every once in a while on Car and Driver Radio. Would be great if we could get an exibit in the Petersen Auto Museum someday. I would like to meet him if I make it back to LA again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!   tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tom torbjornsen has offended me.....and should you too!
Page 1 of 1