GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I am both confused and offended...

Go down 
+9
jayoldschool
Krash Kadillak
94X2
Sprocket
buickestate
Olds Weighty Eight
benn
brokecello
Lynol
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

I am both confused and offended... Empty
PostSubject: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:06 pm

Saw this on the way to work! What gives!? It doesn't even make any sense! (note: this church is in a richie rich town with yuppies and horse farms)
I am both confused and offended... Church10
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:15 pm

...is that real? Makes no sense at all. That would not intice me to show up for a service Sunday...

lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:20 pm

Boil the tires off your buick in their parking lot Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 12:38 pm

Perhaps you need to attend Sunday's service to find out just why the pastor kept his Buick wagon. I think the answer is so that he could join the Longroof forum. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:02 pm

should we invade this church on a given sunday later this spring?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 pm

ANSWER}Because its fun doing donuts at the newly paved church parking lot!I am curious
what these sanctimonious asses are trying to say! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:39 pm

Is it a Korean Church too (sign in background in Korean)?

Contact Information
Telephone
732 741-8921
Address
Lincroft Presbyterian Church
270 Everett Rd. & W. Front St.
P.O. Box 328
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Church Office Hours

Monday - Thursday 9am - 2pm

Closed Fridays

I'd call but can't do LD calls from work. Someone call the rectory and find out whats up

OH BTW< good to see Lynol hasn't completely vanished Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:51 pm

Relax all,it was the title of this past sundays sermon about why we hold onto things long after they have served out their usefulness.Very nice guy thats loves deep sea fishing and pulls a 5000 ib boat around.Has had a 74 caprice wagon and then a 83 buick lesabre wagon that the transmission gave out shortly after buying it and it had high mileage when he bought it.His wife says she wants another because they ride so smooth but she said no towing.It would be so cool if we could get about 20 wagons together and go pay him a visit sunday!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:59 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Is it a Korean Church too (sign in background in Korean)?

Contact Information
Telephone
732 741-8921
Address
Lincroft Presbyterian Church
270 Everett Rd. & W. Front St.
P.O. Box 328
Lincroft, NJ 07738
Church Office Hours

Monday - Thursday 9am - 2pm

Closed Fridays

I'd call but can't do LD calls from work. Someone call the rectory and find out whats up

OH BTW< good to see Lynol hasn't completely vanished Wink
They offer some kind of Asian language services on Saturdays.
Oh, and yes I do still exist, and am ashamed to say I haven't driven or even ridden in a B-body since, like, November! The OCC sits quietly in my driveway until spring...
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Relax all,it was the title of this past sundays sermon about why we hold onto things long after they have served out their usefulness.Very nice guy thats loves deep sea fishing and pulls a 5000 ib boat around.Has had a 74 caprice wagon and then a 83 buick lesabre wagon that the transmission gave out shortly after buying it and it had high mileage when he bought it.His wife says she wants another because they ride so smooth but she said no towing.It would be so cool if we could get about 20 wagons together and go pay him a visit sunday!
You called?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:07 pm

I did,the minister said I was the second caller since sunday.Real nice guy who loved the 83
LeSabre but it kept breaking down and leaving him stranded.Bought a Ford explorer with the
tow package for the boat towing!
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:10 pm

Just had a really nice conversation with the pastor. He's had a few gm wagons in the past and his last was his "dream car" An 83 Electra Estate wagon that he put a lot of work into. He said it was a great car but he had bought it to pull a boat and it just wouldn't cut it. He said the sermon was about hanging onto something that didn't work.

Who else called right before this? He was on a call with someone from here when I called. He really got a kick out of a picture of his sign ending up here.

Jon

BTW Hey Lionel where have you been?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:18 pm

That was me talking to him Jon and he sounded like a real nice fellow!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 2:46 pm

Lol, sounds like he needs an LT1 Smile
Back to top Go down
Krash Kadillak

Krash Kadillak

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:22 pm

I was hoping to listen to a recording of the sermon on their website. No such luck.
Cool church, though. Any church that holds a Chili Cook-Off is alright with me.......
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 3:40 pm

Well, now I understand! Too bad he never had a Roadmaster, he probably would have liked one of those. An '83 Estate would have had a 200R4 and a 307, right? Boat towing with that... I dunno... I also wish I could have heard that sermon! Not knowing when to let go of things that have outlived their usefulness is me all over, lol.
Oh and 94X2, I've been busy with a 2011 Crown Vic...
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Please, someone, go take a pic of your RMW doing a massive burnout in front of that sign.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Lol, sounds like he needs an LT1 Smile
I spent part of the conversation trying to convince him of that.

He said he would e-mail me his sermon so if anyone wants a copy let me know.

Jon
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:11 pm

Keeping things beyond their useful life? That's the definition of my back yard and basement. Lynol, call him and see if he wants to unload his lesabre wagon Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 8:57 pm

David,that wagons been gone for years.Nice guy but when I mentioned the LT-1 wagon he told me the wife doesnt like the last of the B body wagons.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 11:23 pm

Funny post.. I towed with a 307 and understand his frustration! Ha!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 8:23 am

I say we just make a weekend of it once all this white stuff is gone so our wagons look sweet. I bet he would love that.

Seriously! would anybody like to do that? I say no less than 15 wagons. I bet the people of the church would be amazed as well. Bring our GM Longroof cards and pass them out.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 am

I'd be down, wagon fest at the church!
Back to top Go down
MrBuick

MrBuick

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 2:40 am

Flasheroo wrote:
David,that wagons been gone for years.Nice guy but when I mentioned the LT-1 wagon he told me the wife doesnt like the last of the B body wagons.

But she's cool with a Ford Explorer? Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am both confused and offended...   I am both confused and offended... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am both confused and offended...
Page 1 of 1