GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Get out the wash bucket and line them up!

Go down 
+2
toomanytoyz
81X11
6 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Empty
PostSubject: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:33 am

Got out the wash bucket last night and cleaned ALL the family toys. We are a GM family! Buick, Olds, Pontiac, Chevy Suburban in the garage, and my kid brothers crappy Nissan SUV in the driveway. I still think he must have been adopted....

Also snapped a few good pics of the '01 Grand Prix my wife drives now. Had some folks asking me what the "Nascar package" was. It's basically an appearence package on the Grand Prix GT or GTP. In '02 it became the 40th Anniversary package and those cars were painted a pretty burgundy color.

In '01 it was simply called the "Collector's Edition", was offered in silver or black, and consisted of hood scoops...actually referred to in the literature as "air extractors". Pretty goofy actually, see the underhood pic at the little tiny opening for "extracting' hot air, but the scoops themselves are sharp looking. They look like the 70's Trans Am fender vents.

Also included was a specific taller than standard spoiler, raised roof "air rails", specific chrome wheels, a snorty exhaust with four chrome tips, checkered-flag GP emblems on the inside door panels and 2-tone charcoal and grey leather seats, dash, and door panel trim.

Kinda neat for a newer car and I've yet to see another like it. My wife likes it a lot. Thank the Lord I don't have to buy her Hondas... I love Pontiacs and am pissed GM killed off the brand. I knew the end was in sight when they dropped the cool names and started calling everything G-this and G-that. G what a BAD idea!

Sorry for the rant....reaching from my coffee now....

This GP's got 132,000 miles on it, so it's not a young car, but it came from Dallas so zero rust, it was garaged and babied and is in great shape, so hopefully will last us a while, or until my wife decides she wants a Suburban again..ha.

Enjoy the daily pics! Will try to stay on the wagon subject now!! Will do my best. ; )

-Mike

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! MasseyCars007

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! MasseyCars004

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! MasseyCars011

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! MasseyCars014

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! MasseyCars016

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! CleanGP025

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! CleanGP033

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! CleanGP029

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! CleanGP030

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! CleanGP028

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! CleanGP024
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Foaming Gun   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:00 am

Morning Mike Always enjoy all of your entrys so never consider it rambling.Have you ever used a Gilmour foam gun when washing a car.
I bought one last summer and it attaches to your hose.I use a quick disconnect and have never regretted buying it.Just coat the car with
a deep coat of foam and wait.If its hot always apply it quickly and rinse then reapply and scrub.The first coat of foam loosens and floats
the dirt.It really helps protect the wax already on the car and prevents scratches.
www.auto-geek.com has the guns and ebay always has them on sale.Just thought I would throw in my 2 cents.
Take Care and Have A Great Day
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:03 am

Good tip. Will be on the lookout!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:06 am

How come the ground's not wet anywhere? Smile

(cars look great, btw Smile)
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 9:09 am

Washed them one at a time around the corner. Took advantage of having my brother over. Put him to work helping me and he got his Pathfinder cleaned too. ; )
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 11:17 am

Was Tim there?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Beautiful Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:57 pm

BTW I love that GP package. One of Pontiac's best designs, IMHO. There's one around here locally and I enjoy seeing it. The owner takes care of it so it looks nice.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:19 pm

Thanks for the comment! I just wish that GP was Supercharged. Can't have everything, and my wife loves it, and I personally like this design better than the last GP's Pontiac made. Wider is Better! Ha!

Take care!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Just to prove that you never know what will show up on Craigslist, see here:  http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4636592163.html  -

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! 00h0h_lp2Abt3ibwT_600x450

This was my wife's car, and before her, it belonged to my mother-in-law, who bought it brand new in Dallas. This was a SUPER NICE car. We only sold it because we needed the Denali when I took the three additional kids in.  

This is a really RARE car, the Special Edition was only made two years, and most were two-doors, not four-doors.   The interior is 2-tone leather, with grey dash and console trim, and special door panel emblems, and the car got special chrome wheels, a specific rear spoiler, free-flow dual exhaust, and functional hood scoops.    

It also was LOADED with power everything, a great stereo, and even a power moonroof.

I hate to see it looking so dirty and dull  !!!!!

Sold it about two years ago. The car only has about 10K more miles on it than when I sold it, and before that, it was maintained to the HILT from new.    I replaced the steering rack, oil pan gasket, put new tires on it, and some other things right before we sold it.      

I bet I could make it SHINE again....   I deserves to look better than it looks in those Craigslist pics!

See the pics at the beginning of this thread what it looked like when it was MY car!    I guess we can't save them all....

-Mike
Back to top Go down
1tireman

1tireman

PostSubject: Re: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2014 9:11 pm

Cars look great Mike as always! I would buy a house next door to you just so I could talk you into cleaning my cars for me and I know those boys are being trained right in the art of detailing! Smile  Only downside is for you though because I would drive your property value in the toilet with my junk! lol!
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

PostSubject: Re: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 7:40 pm

My son owns both the 40th and the GTP Daytona 500 you speak of.  The GPT he has modified a little...almost scary fast.  I really like it, but not a fan of front wheel drive

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! 20140807_165120_zps438ecefa

Get out the wash bucket and line them up! IMG_20140731_211402035_zpsa22dc663
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2014 8:43 pm

I went and looked at the GP. It's sad.... The passenger side doors were replaced...it was hit, and they did a poor job on it. The rear bumper is all faded out, and the car in general is faded and dirty.

The inside is still nice, and it is for-sure our old car. A body shop is selling it and I got to look inside. The owner's manual and warranty card...and my black touch-up paint, are still in the glovebox.

Sad.

Oh and notice the lower door ground effects are gone from the doors. The guy at the shop said the new doors didn't have the flares, so he removed them from the driver's doors too so the both sides would "match".

It was so hard not to say "well gee both sides look damaged now....not just one side!"

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get out the wash bucket and line them up!   Get out the wash bucket and line them up! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get out the wash bucket and line them up!
Page 1 of 1