GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl

Go down 
+3
DBeaSSt
jayoldschool
LOWIDER
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LOWIDER

New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Empty
PostSubject: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:03 pm

'94 Caprice Wagon "LOWIDER" daily driver !

Limo tint all the way around, blacked out pillars
Full coil cut in front, lowering springs in rear...very low
No cheating here !!! No hydraulics, no bags...
Dual chamber Flow Masters, 21 /4" dual pipes, all cats removed
Hood shaved, sides swiped, all emblems removed
Impala SS grille with mesh insert
Smoked headlight covers, tail lights striped out
Black suede paint by owner
Hood scoop, fender skirts installed
205/65R15 front & rear
Stock wheels with full Aluminum Racing Moon discs

Looking forward to meeting my new GM "B" Body & Longroof family
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:07 pm

PICS!

Sting, you know what to do.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Welcome aboard. And yes, pics! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
LOWIDER

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:12 pm

Will send pics as soon as I figure out how to do it.......
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 1:57 pm

photobucket and img tags for the photos Smile

I'm pretty local just up the road a piece Smile There are at least half a dozen of us wagon junkies in Broward/south Palm area.....look forward to seeing your ride.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Sounds like a fine lookin' ride. Wink I can stand behind that. Smile
Back to top Go down
LOWIDER

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:11 pm

Sure would like to get together with you guys sometime. Where do you all hang out ? Any cruise nights ? I haven't seen many wagons locally, I've looked for one for a few years, found this one and it's great. If your in the Ft. Lauderdale area stop by my shop sometime.

I'm going to have my Son help me upload the photos for you and everyone....

I'm looking for a few parts for my LOWIDER, anyone down here my way that you know of ?

I took off the Class 111 hitch I had on it, and it's for sale, if you know someone who wants one

Russ G
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:21 pm

Pics indeed! I say we SHOULD get something together for the FL wagon dudes this summer, nothing serious, just a cruise or something. Maybe meet up at Tower Shops one night or something like that.

I want winter break to hurry the hell up and get here!
Back to top Go down
LOWIDER

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Stingroo,

I'm all for that.......how about November 21st I'm putting on SE Florida's largest car show at the Festival Flea Market Mall, Sample Road & the Turnpike. I draw 850 cars and 20,000 people. That would be a perfect time for all the Wagons to get together....I can park all the cars together.............what a impact !!! Let me know what you think. Is there a roster someplace of all the guys who own these wagons ?

Russ G
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:37 pm

Would be awesome, but I'd never be able to make it. I have midterms that week. I'm in Jacksonville for college. Too bad it isn't the Saturday AFTER that. Sad
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 2:38 pm

No roster that I'm aware of other than the members here and on other forums. Please post your event on the 'Local Events' section, it's there for just this purpose.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
LOWIDER

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:04 pm

Hey Mike,
Just got off your website....very nice......your quite a "Gearhead" I am also, have been restoring and building these cars for the past 45 years, I specialize in Packard, Lincoln, Cadillac but also do Kustoms and Street Rods. I have always wanted one of these "Longroofs" and am very happy to have one now. I use it daily and to carry my "stuff" when I put on car shows and cruise nights in my area.

I will tell you one of my first experiences with this car. I was told from the beginning and many.never,never,never gunk and power wash the engine. Since I run a professional shop and am very careful while restoring these objects of art........I felt I could do it without any problems...........well, I should have listened !!! I now know what a opti spark ignition is, as well imagined, you know the rest of the story. But, I still love this car, and you will love the pics..

Russ G
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: WELCOME   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:25 pm

Welcome from VA Russ.I guess you have learned a valuble lesson about pressurized water and optisparks that
you wont ever forget.In this group you will learn a lot about these beautiful wagons.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
LOWIDER

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Thanks ! Jim

I'm used to working on vintage iron, 12 cys and 16 cyls. I never imagined what would happen from a little water. And then, to get to it, and the $$ Well, I will chalk it up to a learning experience.....as we all do everyday of our lives. I still love my ride 1

Russ G
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:34 pm

Russ do you have a website with some of your builds? Vintage cars are sweet. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 8:23 pm

Um the roster is mostly in my cell phone, lol.
You may already know Tim as he's been at the Festival show for the past few years with is tricked out '94 SS. He's Tower Shops fixture. He finally made it over to the wagon side. There's part timer Stingroo who has intro'd himself, a few others here with me in the Delray Boca area, and Led sled 93 or sumthin like that over on the ISSF forum.

I'd love to slide by your shop one day and check it out, pm me or post up some details. If you are looking for some particular parts I may be holding too, as I've collected a few parts over the past couple years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 11:30 pm

Aw I'm more than a part timer. At least I get full time forum status! Sad
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 8:00 am

All this talk and still no pics?

Oh, and welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 9:42 pm

Stingroo wrote:

meant part timer in SOFLO drunken
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 10:53 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Stingroo wrote:

meant part timer in SOFLO drunken

Oh, I can settle then.

And yes, pics are required!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl   New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member "LOWIDER" from Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
Page 1 of 1