GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ashtray Gauge Pods

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Ashtray Gauge Pods Empty
PostSubject: Ashtray Gauge Pods   Ashtray Gauge Pods Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 4:14 pm

Does anyone know who makes the ashtray gauge pods that I have seen over at the other forum?I know I have seen
them in some of the japanese tuner cars.The pillar pods are nice but for just the basic gauges I think I want them
down low and out of the public view.Every time I see a car with the pillar pod I wonder who else is curious about
what kind of gauges the owner is using.
My OCC has all the factory gauges but I wonder just how accurate they are sometimes.I have always run a large
diameter vaccuum gauge on all of my older cars.I am kinda old school and a vaccuum gauge can tell you a lot about
the condition of the engine without even opening the hood.When I mention using a vaccuum gauge to my nephew,
he just shruggs his shoulders.
He has a 95 Maxda RX-7 with a Chevy LS-2 and a 6 speed that he road races out at VIR and is getting pretty good
at it.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

Ashtray Gauge Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashtray Gauge Pods   Ashtray Gauge Pods Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:15 pm

EDIT: I had the wrong link - Ash Tray Gauges

Last edited by rh96ss on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Ashtray Gauge Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashtray Gauge Pods   Ashtray Gauge Pods Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:32 pm

I think Lorne has gauges in his ashtray. I dunno how he rigged them up thou.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Ashtray Gauge Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashtray Gauge Pods   Ashtray Gauge Pods Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:20 pm

You could always go with this one from Summit for 20 bucks and screw it to the ash tray face. Paint it to match and you are GTG. Smile

Ashtray Gauge Pods Sum-g2879_w
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Ashtray Gauge Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashtray Gauge Pods   Ashtray Gauge Pods Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:52 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
I think Lorne has gauges in his ashtray. I dunno how he rigged them up thou.

No I had them where the radio was,and the Stereo repalced the ashtray

Ashtray Gauge Pods Nokeys

tach and whatever the other one is. rear air bags gauge ,and switch to add or let air out on the opposite side.

Ashtray Gauge Pods Dash

Don't forget,this was a 1a2 auction car that had more holes than a crib board in the dash.

I have since bought a Z cluster,a complete steering column,and keys,with a brand new leather Impala ss steering wheel, a complete dash and new rear springs to replace the airbags so bye bye gauges,

Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

Ashtray Gauge Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashtray Gauge Pods   Ashtray Gauge Pods Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:25 pm

Back to top Go down

Ashtray Gauge Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashtray Gauge Pods   Ashtray Gauge Pods Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:31 pm

Thanks guys and now I have to decide which way to go.Its not going to be as costly as I
thought.Lorne I think that the odd gauge is for when you turbo charge that wagon of
yours.I do like the in dash look of your setup Lorne.Decisions decisions what shall I
do.No rush as long as I have it done before nexts year WagonFest.
Thanks
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ashtray Gauge Pods Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ashtray Gauge Pods   Ashtray Gauge Pods Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ashtray Gauge Pods
Page 1 of 1