GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from South FL

Go down 
+7
DBeaSSt
brokecello
FlashGumby
81X11
BigBlackBeaSSt
Sprocket
silverfox103
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Hello from South FL Empty
PostSubject: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:17 pm

Hello everyone! I figure I should tell you all a little bit about myself. I have been lucky enough to have grown up with a father who has always had a fine taste in cars. Out of the five wagons he currently owns, I plan on taking the B body Chevy caprice known as Ruby. I have big plans for her and I hope you can all help me and in time maybe I will be able to help some of you.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:19 pm

Let me guess who's son this is, especially from South FL?

Welcome, good thing he is giving you one of his, as I doubt there is any room for one of your own!

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:24 pm

Quote :

Welcome, good thing he is giving you one of his, as I doubt there is any room for one of your own!

Yes, well there isn't even room for all of his. The only way to keep them out of the street is to put one of them in the side yard.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 7:48 pm

Arrrrrrr, I'll help him out by posting a pic of his ride
Hello from South FL 100_2038

This shot is from about a year and a half ago, the sun has not been kind to her clear coat Sad
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:02 pm

Welcome............
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:57 pm

I like how you did the grill black and left the letters chrome.

Sharp Ride! Welcome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 9:37 pm

Welcome Redbird and I am so happy to see a father passing his love of the "Great Wagons" onto his son.In todays world having a son who shares
your passion for these cars is a rare thing indeed.Please dont take anything too seriously as noone else does.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:20 pm

True that. I copied the grille idea from that car, except I painted my letters red to match.

I like the stripe too... a lot. Too bad it doesn't look as good as those pics make it out to be, but no matter - you've got probably one of the coolest people on this forum for a dad. Smile Welcome.
Back to top Go down
FlashGumby

FlashGumby

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:46 pm

The coolness has rubbed off on Red, too.

Great to see you on the Forum, JT.

-Scott

Hello from South FL DaddyWagon_big-1
-Scott McGrath
'96 Roadmaster Estate Ltd. - Last of the Great American Wagons
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2762557
ISSCA#2229 BCA#43406 BMD#115
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:04 am

Glad you are here Smile That is a cool wagon...love the wheels too!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:23 am

Welcome aboard and congrats on your first wagon! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:33 pm

Cool wagon and very nice colours
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 2:38 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Welcome............

Tim thanks to your sig pic he's been here all along (he's in the pic in the chair behind the red Olds, lol). He told me I joined the forum and saw my picture in some guys sig file, ha ha ha

I painted the grille black and then shaved the letters with a razor to get the chrome back.

Roo, this pic was taken right after I did the paint on it about 1.5 years ago and it did look really nice.....until the sun caught up with the clear coat as I'm sure you are aware Smile
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Welcome. Is this the first father/son combo on here? If so, congrats! Maybe one day some more of us can have that honor.

Jon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:34 pm

Of course I'm aware - you saw mine. lol

It's upsetting. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:47 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Stingroo wrote:
True that. I copied the grille idea from that car, except I painted my letters red to match.

I like the stripe too... a lot. Too bad it doesn't look as good as those pics make it out to be, but no matter - you've got probably one of the coolest people on this forum for a dad. Smile Welcome.

I like the idea of the red letters to match. Do you have a picture?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 5:03 pm

Only pic I could dig up was a photo of it on the car in a parking lot a few days after I finished it. I like it, though. I painted it flat black.

Hello from South FL Grillene
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:06 pm

Welcome JT, so you got stuck with ruby after all..... Thought you would have snagged Jade instead.

Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:58 am

My son drives a 78 Chevy Malibu, does that count as a father and son combo? (sadly it's not a wagon)

Hello from South FL Malibumei09

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:04 pm

Hey Dutch Pete thats close enough for me.Anytime you can share an interest with your son in todays world of distractions ,its a great thing!
I am in the process of converting my 80 year old father into a wagon nut.He use to see wagons as a family
necessity and now he starting to see them as a cool part of our past when America was a lot brighter place
to live and raise a family.Maybe because it was a much simpler and innocent time in my past that draws me
to wagons and all the things they remind me of.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 1:35 pm

Cool Malibu! Awesome to see those cars over there.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 3:36 pm

thnx for your reply, guys.
@Jim I agree 100 %
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:13 pm

Welcome! Glad to see wagon really do run in the family.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South FL   Hello from South FL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from South FL
Page 1 of 1