GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My name is John and I am thankful for.....

Go down 
+11
Nick Danger
81X11
buickestate
toomanytoyz
Krzdimond
jimbeau
brokecello
phantom 309
jayoldschool
silverfox103
Bewber
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

My name is John and I am thankful for..... Empty
PostSubject: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:59 pm

I'm thankful for there being a place where it's perfectly acceptable to be a wagon kook and I can hang out amongst other birds of my feather. I love it.

I'm thankful for not only our community, but also for the strength of our community, the brotherhood we feel, the respect we show one another even when we disagree, and for the way we always have each other's back in times of need - even if that need isn't necessarily great.

Thanks Mike. I really do appreciate your efforts in starting and maintaining this place.

Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

Peace, Love, Longroofs,
John
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 4:43 pm

Bewber wrote:

Thanks Mike. I really do appreciate your efforts in starting and maintaining this place.
John

I believe Joe "93wgn" was the founder, last time I checked.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:07 pm

Really Tom, because last time I checked I have a dad and it's not you.

Last time I checked, I don't need you or anyone else to approve the things I am personally thankful for.

Last time I checked, I NEVER said that Mike founded it.

Last time I checked, I said he put forth effort into getting it started and also maintaining it, which happens to be true.

Mike is here daily, and would see this message to know that I appreciate his efforts - whereas I've only seen Joe on here like ONCE in the past year - and that was only to lay some smack down.

I'd also be thankful if you'd worry about yourself, and not about me at all. Thanks in advance.

This could have been a good thread. Thanks for your contribution anyway.

Thankfully,
John
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:54 pm

Quote :
the respect we show one another even when we disagree,

Pot, meet kettle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Lulz.

I too am thankful for this place... I've learned quite a bit, made a few friends, and it's even saved my rear end once. I love car forums. Smile
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 7:21 pm

you drinking again bewbz??
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:16 pm

Well, I am Thankful for this place too! Excited to see new faces and lots of pics!! Smile Happy to have 2 sweet running wagons and excited to start the bodywork on the '96 soon.

Looking forward to 2011 too. My new position at work is taking a lot of my free time, but I am thankful for the job. Also thankful for my beautiful, understanding wife (who has become a huge fan of the OCC) and also thankful for feeling more at home in SC! Whoo! Wink

Happy Thanksgiving!

Chris

My name is John and I am thankful for..... Turkey-pooping-stuffing-1
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 8:26 pm

I'm thankful for Sawzalls. Amazing tools.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:02 pm

After that pic above, I won't be able to look at turkey & dressing the same anymore.
John will be in a better mood tomorrow after I give him some daddylove.

Today I am thankful to not being kicked off here even though I PM'ed three mods to beg'em to shorten my name.

I is also thankful for our great country (not Canadia) allowing me the inalienable right to meat, gravy, & the pursuit of dessert.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Haha - dude just create a new login with the name you want.

We can't wait to see you tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:16 pm

You didn't PM the right mod.......
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:28 pm

I'm grateful that I only have to see Tom in person once or twice a year. Smile

LOL.

And I'm grateful for my family, friends and all youz guys, too.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:34 pm

Turkey? I thought thursday are Pizza and beer night!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:35 pm

Man, you saps need to back away from the computers after a day of family, eating, and drinking.

Ah, what the hell... you guys are awesome.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm thankful for all you putting up with my boring stories and 10,000 pics!

Seriously thanks to you guys for all the advice and help with my toys. Have a great holiday tomorrow!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:39 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
You didn't PM the right mod.......

Shorten it to Jimbea. That'll learn him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:46 pm

I've had a fine year. The RMW is the first Detroit car that I've enjoyed owning, and it's been a blast. Mrs Danger's shows have not been too profitable this year (stupid economy), but they've all been fun. Except for occasional visits to the chiropractor, my health has been excellent. We've had parties at our house a couple times in the last couple of months, and lots of friends showed up. And, of course, Mrs Danger still loves me, despite all my faults.

Life is good.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm thankful for a job, a great wife and two kids who are a complete blessing, my house that keeps me dry and warm, the God-given talents and abilities to work on and maintain these clunkers myself, and the country we live in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 12:42 am

jayoldschool wrote:
Man, you saps need to back away from the computers after a day of family, eating, and drinking.

Ah, what the hell... you guys are awesome.

Hey shut up. I'm stuck on campus for Thanksgiving because I have to work Friday. There's nobody here, so I'm stuck on the computer for entertainment. lol
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:13 am

Happy "Eat too much, watch football, and take a nap" Day! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 11:30 am

Happy TUrkey Day! I can't wait to eat some of the um stuffing stuff, lmao. Agree that I will never look at stuffing again without seeing that image burned on my retinas lol.

1. I'm thankful that I have a wife that understands my need to have 5 wagons (even if I'm trying to sell one somewhat unsuccessfully so far).

2. I'm thankful that aside from the recent traumatic injury to my lovely bride, we are healthy.

3. I'm thankful it's 76 degrees with a nice light breeze today Smile

4. I'm thankful to know that I'm not alone in my affliction for these awesome pieces of machinery.

5. But most of all the constant entertainment this community provides!

11:30 and I think I'll have a 12 year old rum with a splach of coke to get the party started Smile Turkey fryer loaded in the wagon and ready to roll to my brother-in-laws house....
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:42 pm

I'm thankful for the usual things. Health Family , a job to keep a peaked roof over my head, and a long roof in the garage.

But I'm most thankful for the graces and blesses that God bestows that I never even recognize or realize are there.

A few weeks ago, my brother-in-law was in a coma after surgery, kidney and liver failure. My in-laws are both in their eighties and were told they needed to decide about resuscitation orders. They couldn't. So God decided for them.

My brother-in -law had a heart attack while they were in angst over making the decision. He could not be brought back. I believe God's blessing and mercy was that he spared them from having to make that decision. They will never have second thoughts, or wonder if they did the right thing.. I believe that's a blessing.

Things like being those few seconds late that keep us from being in an accident. co-workers that brighten our day. Forum members that make me laugh, even at myself, when I most need to.

May God bring blessing and mercy to all your lives. Believe it or not, I keep you in my prayers.

Dave.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:47 pm

gawd i,m thankful all this friggin e-hugging only happens once a year,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 5:08 am

phantom 309 wrote:
gawd i,m thankful all this friggin e-hugging only happens once a year,.

Nick

Twice a year..... Christmas is coming......
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:24 am

...and God, while I'm praying for these guys.... please make Nick a nicer person by improving his capitalization, spelling and grammar skills, but most of all ...

by taking his friggin head out of his ...Twisted Evil

... garage.

I think the carbon monoxide is getting to him.

E-mail hugs and kisses, EXEXEXEX Dave
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:57 pm

Somebody didn't enjoy his inlaws this year.

--Nick
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 6:34 pm

jimbeau4 wrote:
Today I am thankful to not being kicked off here even though I PM'ed three mods to beg'em to shorten my name.

Name has been changed...........

Someone let me know if there are issues with login for jim...............
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 4:55 am

Bewber wrote:
Haha - dude just create a new login with the name you want.
Can't be did, unless I wanna use another e-mail addy, John.
'S ok though. Mah manz Mike is on it like teh Tazmanian Devil.
Good to hear mom's doing better.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:44 am

Mike didn't do a ting....
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 10:06 am

I'm thankful for Robert doing all the work to "fix" Jimbeau. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 11:59 am

DBeaSSt wrote:
I'm thankful for Robert doing all the work to "fix" Jimbeau. Wink

So when is Robert starting, cause there is a long list when it comes to Jimbeau.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 2:49 pm

Start with the easy stuff....like a name change...... looks and personality will be outsourced to the experts in the CIA......
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 12:58 am

Well, I was 'fixed' like some twenny years ago.
and thanks Mike/Robert/Kwame/Whatever... you all look alike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My name is John and I am thankful for.....   My name is John and I am thankful for..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My name is John and I am thankful for.....
Page 1 of 1