GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My new business cards, a product of democracy!

Go down 
+7
brokecello
toomanytoyz
buickestate
lakeffect
81X11
95BRMW
Bewber
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

My new business cards, a product of democracy! Empty
PostSubject: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:53 am

So as I've been getting more and more "squeeling high school teenager girl" excited about this whole Autorama thing, and all the people I'll be able to meet and network with, I missed a totally obvious gap in my plan.

My wonderful bride, who is smarter than me by large orders of magnitude, asked me where the heck MY business cards were. I had totally envisioned my experience this weekend to be that of a student. A Danielson. An invisible, bottom feeding sponge of a noob, just there to soak beyond saturation ..... until she brought up the point that I appreciate very much that, "Networking doesn't mean walking around and collecting business cards from other people." She didn't actually SAY ".... you dumbass" at the end of the sentence, but it was implied.

She also reminded me to stop acting like everyone can lay out flames that don't suck - and there's no reason I shouldn't be leaving there this weekend without people wanting my services AND they have my number. (Again, DUH!) Her dad must ave been a terrorist when he made her, because she is the friggin BOMB!

Anyway, with no time for Vistaprint, I took 3/4ths of her kids to office depot and got the supplies to kick out some cards.

Last night, I had complete writer's block. Do I make up a company name, or just have my name? If I just have my name, what's my title? I had NOTHING, and once I asked for suggestions, the process became a democracy.

My 8 year old princess Kaleigh says, "Just have it say - John Haynes - One really creative dude" The majority, including the queen, really liked the ring of that - but I pointed out that it didn't say what I created. Blase immediately said that he thought my stuff was "Firetastic" - and the resulting tagline was unanimously elected.

So we had a name and a logo, but no title. I didn't want airbrusher, or flame painter, and I sure as heck didn't want any part of a business card that advertised me as a "flamer". Nothing wrong with that - it's just not what I'm going for right now.

So already having arrived at the correct answer, FMA gently allowed me to join her under my own power with, "Well, what would you call someone who's studied flames for 20 years?"

And within short order, my new cards were being printed - and here they is!

My new business cards, a product of democracy! Flameo10

All the green was supposed to POP as red, but red was on strike - so we adapted and overcame, for now.

Anyway, the obvious goal was to have some fun, create something to offer people with my contact info on it, and not take myself too seriously on a perforated DIY kit, and I think we met all 3 objectives.

Take care guys and thanks for the look. I'll post pics of the event on Sunday/Monday!

Peace, Love, Fire,

John
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:11 am

"Flameologist", had a nice ring to it!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:59 am

Very cool!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 12:27 pm

It would cooler if you have a flame background on it. Take apic of one of your flamed items and use it as a background onit., or grab some internet fantasy artwork and crop what you need.

Let the IMAGE say more than just words could. Words don't express the emotion that actual flames would evoke.

Either that, or when you hand your card out, start it on fire.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 12:30 pm

I still think the proper term is Flamer.

so if you are a flameologist does this mean when you graduate you'll be a Doctor in Flameology?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:21 pm

Be kinda neat to figure out a way to flame or make the card look like it caught fire and then was put out quickly.Maybe figure out a way to safely singe the edge of the card.
Hell it looked neat in my mind'nevermind.
Have a Blast and dont walk around with your mouth open in awe of all the neat stuff you see!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 8:18 pm

I love everything about it except the lack of FLAMES on the card!

Sounds like a killer family night deciding and designing it too. Wink
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Love it!! But yeah...you need some flames on the card Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:48 pm

I KNOW it needs flames on the dang thing, but it was the best I could do with the tools, time, and materials I had to work with.

This was just a fun, quick, and dirty deal to have a something as opposed to nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: John is a flamer!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:35 am

let's take a poll!

My new business cards, a product of democracy! Boobzoutflamer My new business cards, a product of democracy! JohnHaynes

My new business cards, a product of democracy! Bewber-1

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:32 am

I can draw some for you if you like... Wink
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:27 pm

Bewb,

I got a guy down here who will do 5000 biz cards full color both sides shipped to u for under $100. I've used him multiple times.

lmk if you want his info

My new business cards, a product of democracy! Flamer
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 6:26 pm

you need practise,..
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:48 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
you need practise,..

You need spelling lessons.... pratice... practice... practice..
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 pm

FAIL

lakeffect wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
you need practise,..

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:02 pm

Just checking to see if any of you were awake.

Krzdimond gets the award.
Back to top Go down
SShiftn6

SShiftn6

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:59 pm

lakeffect wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
you need practise,..

lol well, what Robert said...and he IS Canadian...they spell funny...

Lookin good Bewbz, hope it went well!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:42 am

As a heads up, I just ordered 1 metric BUTTLOAD of actual high gloss business cards, with a full fire background, and interestingly enough - it didn't cost any extra for me to receive my doctorate!

They'll be here in about a week.

Sincerely,

Dr. John Haynes
Flameologist
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Bewber wrote:
As a heads up, I just ordered 1 metric BUTTLOAD of actual high gloss business cards, with a full fire background, and interestingly enough - it didn't cost any extra for me to receive my doctorate!

They'll be here in about a week.

Sincerely,

Dr. John Haynes
Flameologist

you are such a tease, where is the artwork bubba?
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:05 pm

Not sure how to extract it from the Vistaprint site.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:45 am

John, use... right click > save image as
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:46 am

Or if that fails:

Print-Screen -> Open Paint -> Ctrl+V -> Save -> Upload.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:51 am

Third way... if you have the newer systems you can use the "snipping tool" and save that as well.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:49 am

Gotcha guys. I wasn't thinking it'd let me save just the card, and I didn't really feel like photo editing the whole dang page.

Here's the front side:
My new business cards, a product of democracy! Bizzca10

Back side is about the same as before.

Thanks for the look.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
FAIL

lakeffect wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
you need practise,..

you guys are thick,.

catch the joke yet?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new business cards, a product of democracy!   My new business cards, a product of democracy! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new business cards, a product of democracy!
Page 1 of 1