GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Project for a few days off..............

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Project for a few days off.............. Empty
PostSubject: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Have the week off so I got some projects done. Broke down and ordered the second have of my Bilsteins and installed them. Installed the AGR steering box that has been sitting around forever. Reman AC Delco PS pump. New lines, put cooler lines on from 9C1.

DRIVES LIKE A DIFFERENT CAR! Feels a little tight, but I think it might loosen up with time.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:31 pm

So you've been installing hot rod parts?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:43 pm

I know not of which you speak......

Nothing I install on my wagon can ever be qualified as "Hot Rod" parts. It is a wagon and not a Hot Rod..... Very Happy

Now for the straight answer....no........ Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:51 pm

Hey Tim how many turns is the new box lock to lock?Was the front end alignment way off?Is your box the one with
the supposed rack and pinion style servo?Yea I know lots of questions but enquiring minds want to know.Going to
let me drive it at the next wagonfest?
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 11:07 am

I is about 1.5 turns lock to lock......

The wheel no longer is straight, other than that it does not effect the alignment.

NO Servo.... Just a better (lower) ratio box.
Project for a few days off.............. Agr-425153_w_m

You are welcome to drive her anytime.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:06 pm

I bet it does feel TIGHT with 1.5 turns lock to lock.Thats sports car steering in a big wagon,so dont hit anything
at least not too hard.I bet the steering is "set and forget" on the interstate.Sounds like a must do modification
for my wagon in the future.
Happy New Year
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:26 pm

part # for the box?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 5:32 pm

Sounds like a cool project. You going to have to take it for an alignment to center the wheel?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:10 pm

81X11 wrote:
Sounds like a cool project. You going to have to take it for an alignment to center the wheel?

Yeah but my guy does it for about $25 as an "update"

Krzdimond wrote:
part # for the box?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AGR-425153/

I bought it off another member on the Impala SS forum years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:31 pm

I bet money that Mikes steering wheel is set at precisely 90 degrees and perfectly parallel with google earth!Anything
less would drive Mike nuts.Oh and its shiny as a polished 8 ball.
Happy New Year
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:14 am

Little things bother me.....
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:31 pm

Added the Jeep Cherokee steering shaft to the mix today............. Not much difference........
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 9:53 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Added the Jeep Cherokee steering shaft to the mix today............. Not much difference........

Really? I've been wondering about that mod/upgrade for some time.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 10:15 pm

The shaft was frozen and would not telescope. I had to break it free and that took a while. cleaned it up with a file and got the u joints working well. The top does not fit perfectly, the jeeps do not have a bolt through the column, but the bolts works like the bottom of ours. So the bolt has to cut into the column a bit. I think I am going to take it off and insert the column a little bit more if I get a chance. I still have a little play in the wheel, but I am really getting picky!! I have a new center link I may put on. If I do I will buy inner and outer tie rods as well. Then it will be as good as it can. I will check it all next time I have it in the air.

Oh and I build some tranny lines with mtrhead79 the other night. I am going to put them on and see if I stopped the leaks.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project for a few days off..............   Project for a few days off.............. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project for a few days off..............
Page 1 of 1