GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Steering wheel/column identification

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
vamp8267

Steering wheel/column identification Empty
PostSubject: Steering wheel/column identification   Steering wheel/column identification Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 9:20 pm

Ok, the guy that I bought the wagon off of said that the column was replaced so that it would have a key with the chip in it.
But I forgot to ask him what it came out of.
Can anyone possibly be able to help me ID what it came out of?
I'm just really curious.

Steering wheel/column identification Steeringwheel1

Steering wheel/column identification Steeringwheel2

Steering wheel/column identification Steeringwheel3

If any other pics or info is needed feel free to ask.

Twisted Evil vamp
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel/column identification   Steering wheel/column identification Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:22 pm

That steering wheel/airbag came from a 94-6 Roadmaster (possibly other Buicks too). Interesting swap. The PassKey chip is functional? That's surprising as it would take a lot of work to wire that system into a TBI car.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
vamp8267

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel/column identification   Steering wheel/column identification Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:49 pm

As far as I know it is. but now that you mention it I think I might go to walmart and get a .99 copy without the chip and see if it works.
Everything else is functional except the airbag (he showed me how to plug it up if I wanted it active), and my cruise control (think that might be cause I'm in the process of replacing my third brake light assembly), the hazards (that's why I was trying to find out what the column was out of originally so I could check the wiring on it), and I don't seem to have functioning backup lights (don't know if it's a column issue or something else).
And the starter has been switched to pushbutton (I personally love that!)So I guess I actually only have about half the stuff working. bummer. Think I'm gonna go start looking for a 92 column. Thanks beast, my first bubble bust since joining. Embarassed
Well, at least I actually found a junkyard in tulsa, OK. that has a RMW in it.
But I'm definitely going to keep the push button starter, love that as a security feature.
Any thought on the cruise, hazards and reverse lights? If it's not a column issue then I'll just keep it and go with original idea of getting an aftermarket steering wheel as this one (to me anyways) just looks out of place in my wagon.
Everyones been a big help so far. (told you I'd have a million questions!)

Twisted Evil vamp
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steering wheel/column identification   Steering wheel/column identification Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steering wheel/column identification
Page 1 of 1