GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Putting on the miles...... : (

Go down 
+11
Sprocket
JaySS
94X2
Cadet57
Krzdimond
brokecello
JoeT
Nick Danger
94Woody
toomanytoyz
81X11
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Putting on the miles......  : ( - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting on the miles...... : (   Putting on the miles......  : ( - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 8:17 pm

I treat the odometer as a badge of honor. Higher the better, unless I'm buying it, lol.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Putting on the miles...... : (   Putting on the miles......  : ( - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:23 am

Love the gauges Lorne!

And my 93 S-10 pickup had over 300K miles on it when I traded it form my Cutlass. I was the same way with that truck, treated the mileage like a badge of honor.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Putting on the miles...... : (   Putting on the miles......  : ( - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:41 am

Thanks Mike,but we both know they are butt ugly.

The only good Thing about that cluster is the certified print to show it is a 1a2.

I have a Canadian Z cluster that I can't wait to see installed.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Putting on the miles...... : (   Putting on the miles......  : ( - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:45 am

Well I have had my 91 OCC for almost 7 years and it showed 69367 miles at the last fill up.Granted I dont drive many miles compared to the 150000 miles
I use to average yearly in a big truck.I still love to drive and this wagon has been the most reliable vehicle period that I have ever owned.The only other
vehicle that I had owned longer was my 82 Honda CBX that I bought new in august of that year.I averaged about 10000 miles a year on the bike until I
had to stop riding due to health reasons.
As far as the new wagon goes I havent even put it on the road yet.I know it runs very very strong and shifts great.Keeping this wagon is unsure right
now as I cant bring myself to sell the OCC.Already spent over 500 bucks in minor parts,service manuals and standard upkeep items.I occasionally swap
plates and take it for short rides and there is a difference in the way this 95 drives and handles compared to the 91.Maybe thats my imagination kicking
in but the 95 feels like a slighly improved version of the 91.
Done Rambling
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Putting on the miles...... : (   Putting on the miles......  : ( - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 8:49 am

I actually like the black gauges Lorne, but I'd love to see an SS cluster in there.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Putting on the miles...... : (   Putting on the miles......  : ( - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 12:38 pm

Just turned 137K. Still runs strong but i think a few new spark plug wires won't hurt.
Pete
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Putting on the miles...... : (   Putting on the miles......  : ( - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:29 pm

I remember when mine was 137K...... Ahh, the memories when they were young.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putting on the miles...... : (   Putting on the miles......  : ( - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Putting on the miles...... : (
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2