GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta

Go down 
+4
buickestate
DBeaSSt
silverfox103
Sprocket
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Empty
PostSubject: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Well boys and any lurking girls....
My name is Sprocket and I have a wagon problem... Embarassed

Despite common sense I bought another wagon today....
No just any wagon but a Custom Cruiser. I was holding out for '92 but hey sometimes you just gotta jump in and go with the flow.

last five digits of the VIN are 00868 and she was built in 11/90! So I'm guessing she's a pretty old girl!
141,96x miles and pretty clean on the inside (except for the dog hair)
Enough talk here are some pics for you

lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta IMG_0005
Sprocket jr digging the cloth 3rd seat

lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta IMG_0004
Rear pass door plastic missing. I might have one in the garage...
Not digging the rack strips painted, may have to remove and paint black

lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta IMG_0003
Believe it or not they are noticeably different in color

lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta IMG_0002
plasti chrome peeling off of grille. I'm thinking silver deck stripes to match the pinstripes.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:20 pm

Nice score! Obviously it must have been under $1000 to fall in your comfort zone.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:23 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Nice score! Obviously it must have been under $1000 to fall in your comfort zone.

Tom C.

Barely, but yeah it was. I lobbied for more but he was pretty firm and I was josenin pretty hard to feed the habit Wink

I think I'm done for a good long while now. I haven't even told the Mrs yet. affraid
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:24 pm

Wohoo! That actually looks pretty good in red. Even got the cladding done nicely. Congrats on your complete set! Does it have the cargo cover? Wink

How does she drive and any interesting options?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:31 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Wohoo! That actually looks pretty good in red. Even got the cladding done nicely. Congrats on your complete set! Does it have the cargo cover? Wink

How does she drive and any interesting options?

drives better than Ruby. Time for some plugs, wires,and such in her.

Window sticker coming soon. No cargo cover, no holes or mounts so doubt it ever had one.
but Pat says he has one Smile
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 6:46 pm

Sounds like ya might have gotten a pretty good deal!

I happen to have the cargo cover mounts if Pat doesn't want them.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 9:02 pm

Guess I got to save up huh!
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:36 pm

Looks great, congrats on the good score! Interior pics?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 2:20 am

I hate you!

Man that thing looks sweet, and if you could please tell me how to hide a B-body wagon from the opposite sex, I would be forever in your debt.

I think the cargo strips, and cladding should be silver.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:22 am

UberWagon wrote:
I hate you!

Man that thing looks sweet, and if you could please tell me how to hide a B-body wagon from the opposite sex, I would be forever in your debt.

I think the cargo strips, and cladding should be silver.

I'm thinking maybe silver deck stripes or something.
Interior pics coming, it was dropping light when I snapped those last night...

They are a little big to hide. My birthday was Thursday so I said it was a birthday present to myself Smile
Seriously though she knew I was looking for the trifecta and agrees it was a pretty fair price.

New in the last year:
shocks all the way around, cap/rotor, wires, plugs, brakes, and paint.

tires are fair, pinky size rust spots between front and rear doors (inside) on either side of the car.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:36 am

I'm guessing the car has Pennsylvania / New Jersey roots by the college stickers on the window.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:39 am

If you do silver cladding, I say do silver racing stripes, like Brokecello's red and silver caprice, i can't find any pics, but it looked badass, and i think hood stripes would look even better with the split olds grille.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: More pics!   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 10:24 am

lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta IMG_0005-1
oooo, my first window sticker! Car was built in 11/90 and delivered to first owner on 2/26/91.
Ironically, that is my birthday and the day before I bought it! woo hoo Happy b-day to me!

lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta IMG_0001
Olds cloth seat...sweet

lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta IMG_0002-1
PO said one week after he bought the car the plastic flew off on the interstate. He bondoed and poorly matched the paint. gonna have to fix this!

lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta IMG_0003-1
Seats faded more than worn. no tears and excellent dash pad

lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta IMG_0004-1
3 out of 4 floor mats are original (no 4th mat)
Here you can see the respray color difference pretty well.

lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta IMG_0006
The Disco ball was the option that put me over the top! Mirror has the compass
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 11:29 am

Very cool! Since the paint wasn't cut into the jambs very far, it'd be fairly easy to go back to the original color if you wanted.

That disco ball is a keeper. Wink
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
I'm guessing the car has Pennsylvania / New Jersey roots by the college stickers on the window.

Tom C.

I'm guessing a NY car since the window sticker has listed NY warranty enhancements as one of the options
Back to top Go down
ChevyChugg

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 1:13 pm

buickestate wrote:

I'm guessing a NY car since the window sticker has listed NY warranty enhancements as one of the options

Where it says dealer to whom delivered: Mack Markowitz, Hempstead, NY 11550 is a pretty good indicator too
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 10:36 am

Nice looking Cruiser man. Your one lucky.... Smile
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:35 am

how about some current pictures?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:35 pm

looks the same except the back is full of parts now (tan bonnie interior)
keep it under a cover so I didn't have to wax it, lol.
Back to top Go down
Shamoo

Shamoo

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 12:16 am

Looks real good. I might look for one of those grills myself. Starting to like them and believe I could work them into a paint scheme easier?
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 8:18 pm

there nice..looks like u still have room for a few more..u can never have enough of them Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:12 pm

waynes91 wrote:
there nice..looks like u still have room for a few more..u can never have enough of them Laughing

If I bring another one home, I'll be sleeping in the back of one of them. I gotta loosen the load a little. It IS kind of crazy but I just can't help it!!!
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:12 pm

Sprocket wrote:
waynes91 wrote:

If I bring another one home, I'll be sleeping in the back of one of them. I gotta loosen the load a little. It IS kind of crazy but I just can't help it!!!

ditto..lets see ,when i brought the wagon home the comment was..oh another car you and the dogs can ride around in..ouch that hurt ..lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta   lucky seve - Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lucky #7 or how I scored the trifecta
Page 1 of 1