GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How is it running Tim ?

Go down 
+2
Sprocket
BigBlackBeaSSt
6 posters
AuthorMessage

How is it running Tim ? Empty
PostSubject: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:28 am

Hey Tim I am curiuos about your bottom engine rebuild?How is it running and even more important how does it sound?
Still going to take it on your trip?
Very Curious
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:36 am

Pan never got back on last night. Need to do it after lunch. Think I am going to use your idea and prime the oiling system with the coil wire removal. Not sure which car I will take. Really do not want someone else (wife) driving it while I am on the road either. She does not know the sounds to listen for and what to do if they begin.

I have 100 miles tonight and 100 miles to get home tomorrow. This is within the limits of AAA. Maybe I should run it. It would be a great test run.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:36 pm

I love my AAA!!! I managed to use it to get two project cars home Smile

that sounds like a good shakedown.

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Well I removed the harmonic balancer to fix an oil leak. I put the mechanics seal on the hub. And now I cannot re-install. The tool I borrowed from Autozone does not work. I will try to get a better tool tomorrow and put her back together some time mid day when I travel back through the area.

Guess the wife is without a car this week.

More to come!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 5:28 pm

So close, yet so far.

Do you have the factory service manuals?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 7:42 pm

Hey Tim my factory service manual says the same tool removes and installs the crankshaft balancing hub.Of course thats a factory tool not an AZ tool.Sorry I cant be more help.Dont
want to scare you but I read a lot of other interesting stuff about main and rod bearing
replacement.I think driving your wifes car this week will be in your best interest or rent
something to drive.I hope you do have the factory manual.
Best Of Luck
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:39 pm

Bewber wrote:
So close, yet so far.

Do you have the factory service manuals?

Yep........... But only using for torque values for this project.

Flasheroo wrote:
Hey Tim my factory service manual says the same tool removes and installs the crankshaft balancing hub.Of course thats a factory tool not an AZ tool.Sorry I cant be more help.Dont
want to scare you but I read a lot of other interesting stuff about main and rod bearing
replacement.I think driving your wifes car this week will be in your best interest or rent
something to drive.I hope you do have the factory manual.
Best Of Luck
Jim Gordon

Chicken!!
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Sprocket wrote:
I love my AAA!!! I managed to use it to get two project cars home Smile

that sounds like a good shakedown.

yeah me and scoob used his AAA membership to get his 94 lawn ornament home!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:22 pm

a1awind wrote:
94 lawn ornament home!

WOOHOO! A "gnomemobile!!"
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 9:58 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
a1awind wrote:
94 lawn ornament home!

WOOHOO! A "gnomemobile!!"

No a gnomewagon..............buick...........mobile..........thingy
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 11:06 pm

Unless he used dirt to lube the bearings before installing them he will be just fine.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:35 pm

Run's great.............. See first post...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is it running Tim ?   How is it running Tim ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How is it running Tim ?
Page 1 of 1