GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

tailgate operating question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
waynes91

waynes91

tailgate operating question Empty
PostSubject: tailgate operating question   tailgate operating question Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 10:03 pm

after qa quick going over i noticed that on the tailgate i have no problems with the door swinging open, but di find that the people b4 me for some reason removed and is sitting inside the t/g the latch assy that makes the t/g open down? on the pass. side why i have no idea,looks like the tried to remove it ,the bolts r broken off in it, so my question is , does this operate only with power to it ? or can the t/g be open manually, im going to the bone yard ,and if i find one i want to get it i need to know if i can open the t/g w/o a battery .. tia
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: tailgate operating question   tailgate operating question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 9:50 am

Wayne, the tailgate will open without a battery; but the back window if it is working properly, is locked in the normal position. So if you want to open it you need to hit the switch on the dash which requires a battery or you will need the key to manually open the window by using the lock on the tailgate.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: tailgate operating question   tailgate operating question Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 10:49 pm

thanks again,now if i can get to the bone yard this weekend... of course ill post if there's anything worth while there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tailgate operating question   tailgate operating question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tailgate operating question
Page 1 of 1