GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Weatherstrip

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
94Woody

94Woody

Weatherstrip Empty
PostSubject: Weatherstrip   Weatherstrip Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2009 11:16 pm

Washed the wagon for the first time today since it is road ready now. In the process I found some water leaks.

Anyone know where I can get the tailgate/glass weatherstriping from?

Know a good fix for leaking vent windows?

Thanks for any and all help.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Weatherstrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weatherstrip   Weatherstrip Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:31 am

Are you talking about the weather strip that goes around the top of the rear glass? It actually is one long piece that goes down into the endgate jamb as well.

If you want new, you might want to find out if GM still makes it. Probably be a tad pricey though. Otherwise salvage yard is going to be the place to go. Good thing is, it comes off easily, just remove the screws covering the little plastic pieces under each lower corner of the glass. Grab the stripping and pull rearwards.

I MIGHT have a spare laying around that I could let go, I'll have to check.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
94Woody

94Woody

Weatherstrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weatherstrip   Weatherstrip Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 6:44 am

That is the one. There is a piece along the top of the gate as well. Water came up through it and onto the glass.

Figured it would be tough to find like most any other body related stuff.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Weatherstrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weatherstrip   Weatherstrip Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 8:53 am

94Woody wrote:
That is the one. There is a piece along the top of the gate as well. Water came up through it and onto the glass.

Figured it would be tough to find like most any other body related stuff.

The one along the top of the gate I do have an extra. Let me check it out to be sure it's in good shape.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

Weatherstrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weatherstrip   Weatherstrip Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:33 am

I just called a good friend in parts at a local buick dealer. She said both pieces are discontinued however she can order the piece on the top of the gate from vintage parts. She told me $80.00. She also searched the country to see if anyone had them and no dealers show any in stock.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Weatherstrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weatherstrip   Weatherstrip Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks guys.

If Mike has a good used one I will try it first.

Smile
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Weatherstrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weatherstrip   Weatherstrip Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 7:02 pm

Wow, $80 for just that little piece huh. Ouch!

Well, good news and bad. The extra I have for the top of the end gate you can have but it's got a tear or two. Sad I do however, have an extra of the full stripping around the gate/window opening. It's not perfect but no tears that I could find.

Email me if you're interested and we'll get ya set up.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Weatherstrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weatherstrip   Weatherstrip Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Have you tried to adjust the glass? Mine leaks, I remove the tailgate trim panel, adjust/tighten the liftgate glass latch, and all is good. The vent windows will adjust too. If you unscrew the locking handle and remove the felt washers, you can move a washer or two from the inside to the outside of the glass, tighten... all good.

Last edited by Krzdimond on Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Weatherstrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weatherstrip   Weatherstrip Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2009 10:13 pm

Thanks, I will give the adjusting a try. Upon further inspection the rubber is in good shape all around with no tearing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Weatherstrip Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weatherstrip   Weatherstrip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weatherstrip
Page 1 of 1