GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Where do you park the BIG cars????

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Where do you park the BIG cars???? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you park the BIG cars????   Where do you park the BIG cars???? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Just took these pics in our office parking lot. My buddy Mitch at work also took advantage of the nice weather and drove his 80K mile, 500-cubic-inch '76 Caddy Coupe Deville to work today and parked the beast next to the 79 Buick. We drew a crowd after work! Such fun!

He's going to drive to the cruise-in tomorrow, and Dad's going to drive the Roadmonster, and my other buddy Laird is coming in the '86 Caprice. We will have the BIG cars at the meet tomorrow night!

Enjoy the pics!

Where do you park the BIG cars???? DellMPGClub006
Where do you park the BIG cars???? DellMPGClub007
Where do you park the BIG cars???? DellMPGClub002
Where do you park the BIG cars???? DellMPGClub003
Where do you park the BIG cars???? DellMPGClub005
Where do you park the BIG cars???? DellMPGClub004
Where do you park the BIG cars???? DellMPGClub009

-Mike

Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Where do you park the BIG cars????   Where do you park the BIG cars???? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 7:15 pm

Nice. I need to park my 81 with those two beauties.

Where do you park the BIG cars???? 022
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Where do you park the BIG cars????   Where do you park the BIG cars???? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:43 pm

Nice. Very cool. Smile Cool sight to see!

Could you have parked any closer to him??? Razz
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Where do you park the BIG cars????   Where do you park the BIG cars???? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:42 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Nice. I need to park my 81 with those two beauties.

Where do you park the BIG cars???? 022

81....is that a V8-6-4 ????

Pretty car!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Where do you park the BIG cars????   Where do you park the BIG cars???? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:43 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
Nice. Very cool. Smile Cool sight to see!

Could you have parked any closer to him??? Razz

Hey now, keep in mind those parking spots were drawn for Honda Accords. The boats just barely fit!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where do you park the BIG cars????   Where do you park the BIG cars???? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:06 am

Thats an easy question because the answer is "anywhere we want to park them"!Take that you PC toy car driving, anal retentive,toilet paper recycling,
global warming,anti gun,mensa society member,burkenstock wearing,hemp t-shirt wearing,aluminum water bottle carrying,Al Gore worshipping morons.
Yes thats a mouthful and it took me a while!I now challenge my fellow wagon lovers to top it.
Go For It
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Where do you park the BIG cars????   Where do you park the BIG cars???? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:07 am

That's perfect, and I think Mitch would agree.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Where do you park the BIG cars????   Where do you park the BIG cars???? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Quote :

Yep. 6.0 Cadillac, TH400, big 8.75 rear. Runs great. I have tinkered with it for a few years getting it nice. Bought it from a WW2 pilot that flew Lancaster bombers during the war...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Where do you park the BIG cars????   Where do you park the BIG cars???? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:18 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Quote :

Yep. 6.0 Cadillac, TH400, big 8.75 rear. Runs great. I have tinkered with it for a few years getting it nice. Bought it from a WW2 pilot that flew Lancaster bombers during the war...

I like the real wire wheels. Is the modular displacement system still active or have you disabled it? I had a former Cadillac Tech that worked for me at the AC shop years back, and he drove an 81 Seville with the V8-6-4, and he said the "cure" for those engines was to simply disable the system so it ran like a normal 6.0 425 all the time.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Where do you park the BIG cars????   Where do you park the BIG cars???? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:49 pm

I really like the wheels, too. Rare, and they make the look of the car, IMO. It took awhile to find them.

The cyl deactivation is disabled, like most of them were. I have found the wire from the trans that causes the computer to activate the solenoids, and plan to hook it up again this year. However, I will put a switch in, so it will stay in 8 cyl mode until I want it to go to four on the highway. The only problem with the tech was that it had a 6cyl mode. Not balanced properly. Modern systems (GM, Chrysler) only use 8 and 4 mode for that reason.

Here's my project thread if you want to see more...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Where do you park the BIG cars????   Where do you park the BIG cars???? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:59 pm

Very cool! Good luck with it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where do you park the BIG cars????   Where do you park the BIG cars???? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where do you park the BIG cars????
Page 1 of 1