GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sold my turbo Regal

Go down 
+7
BigBlackBeaSSt
Sprocket
sherlock9c1
GN1220
81X11
silverfox103
gwturbo
11 posters
AuthorMessage
gwturbo

gwturbo

Sold my turbo Regal Empty
PostSubject: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:20 pm

This is not really wagon related, but I sold my 87 turboed Regal this week after 14 years of ownership and enjoyment. This is the first time I have been without a turbo Buick since early 1986. Things change whether we want them to or not. The only reason I sold it is so I can buy Dal Slabaugh's 96 Impala SS. The SS is in very nice shape and I am very exited to get my hands on it. It will be a nice compliment to my wagon. I will post pictures when I get the SS but, it won't be until May. Glenn
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:38 pm

Sounds like you picked up a plum, nice. How's Ben doing?

Good Luck

Tom
Back to top Go down
gwturbo

gwturbo

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:45 pm

[quote="silverfox103"]Sounds like you picked up a plum, nice. How's Ben doing?

Thanks Tom. Ben's doing well, he is back hiking the Ap trail, or at least part of it. I am very excited about the SS as it has many new parts as you might expect. Glenn
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 3:07 pm

Sorry to hear you you had to lose one, but the new toy sounds great. Looking forward to the pics!
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:43 pm

gwturbo wrote:
This is not really wagon related, but I sold my 87 turboed Regal this week after 14 years of ownership and enjoyment. This is the first time I have been without a turbo Buick since early 1986. Things change whether we want them to or not. The only reason I sold it is so I can buy Dal Slabaugh's 96 Impala SS. The SS is in very nice shape and I am very exited to get my hands on it. It will be a nice compliment to my wagon. I will post pictures when I get the SS but, it won't be until May. Glenn

I miss mine daily. Even more so after my weekly phone runaround with Chase. Mad Is the car in storage, hence the May pics? More details too, color, miles, etc!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:55 pm

Every so often a fantastic car becomes available such as this. Nice move. There are a few SS's I'd consider selling my 9C1 in a heartbeat for.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:22 pm

So then I guess you;ll come to Daytona in yer waggin'?
Back to top Go down
gwturbo

gwturbo

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:33 pm

Is the car in storage, hence the May pics? More details too, color, miles, etc!
You're dead on about the storage. It is in a heated garage. Dal is now living in Florida, but the car is in Ohio. It has some miles on it but I have never been that concerned about that. The transmission is only got about 500 miles and that was more of a concern. It is black and before Dal left Vandever Olds, he had them paint it and it is done right. Brand new out of the box wheels also.
I'm sure I will miss my Regal but my son has an S10 that he is currently retrofitting a turbo Buick drive train in. It ought to be a beast if he can get it to hook up.
Back to top Go down
gwturbo

gwturbo

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:36 pm

Sprocket wrote:
So then I guess you;ll come to Daytona in yer waggin'?

Yes John, I do plan on coming to Daytona.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:45 pm

Ha, my subtle troll worked! hee hee hee
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 7:16 pm

As a fellow Impala SS owner, congrats!! You will enjoy her............

Sold my turbo Regal IMG_2580

Sold my turbo Regal IMG_6347

Sold my turbo Regal IMG_6348

Sold my turbo Regal IMG_6411
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Not bad, but with some elbow grease and the proper tools they can look better....

Sold my turbo Regal Test015

Sold my turbo Regal Test018

Sold my turbo Regal Test020

Sold my turbo Regal Test016
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 8:48 pm

Teach me, o man of wax...................
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 9:10 pm

I did the same thing to Jay's SS at WF10. Porter Cable 7424 dual action polisher (I now use the Flex 3401 direct drive orbital polisher), Lake country orange and white pads, Meguires 105 and 205 (compound/polish respectively) and some GOOD carnauba paste wax with a red or black pad.

Here is the rest of the car...... https://s678.photobucket.com/albums/vv145/Kittredgecustomdetailing/Graves/?start=all

Now that we have effectively hijacked this thread.......
Back to top Go down
gwturbo

gwturbo

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 10:18 pm

[quote="BigBlackBeaSSt"]As a fellow Impala SS owner, congrats!! You will enjoy her............

Thanks Tim. Your SS is beautiful and that under the hood picture is almost orgasmic.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 11:23 pm

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:39 am

Man I want one.....one of these days!

GORGEOUS pics!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:08 am

Congrats on the sale and new purchase. Smile

When did Dal's SS come available? Is there anything special about it? Can't wait to see the pics! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:37 am

Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:20 am

I haven't owned a Buick Turbo for a while. I don't miss them at all BUT my daughter still has 2 that I will drive every now an then . Sometimes it's just time to let go !! Cool Good luck with the new car Cool
Back to top Go down
gwturbo

gwturbo

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:45 am

[quote="toomanytoyz"]Congrats on the sale and new purchase. Smile

When did Dal's SS come available? Is there anything special about it? Can't wait to see the pics!

It came up for sale late last summer but it was only posted by a 3rd party and got hardly any attention. I don't think Dal was in any hurry to sell it. I got in touch with him shortly thereafter and we made a commitment to each other and that if I could sell my car I would buy his. He has held it for me since then and would not take any earnest money or anything. He is a very honest and straight up man.
The car really has nothing special about it other than being in nice shape and a lot of new parts on the car. Excellent paint job.

Grumpy wrote:
I haven't owned a Buick Turbo for a while. I don't miss them at all BUT my daughter still has 2 that I will drive every now an then . Sometimes it's just time to let go !! Cool Good luck with the new car Cool.
Thanks Dan, I hope you still have your turbo wagon. That's probably the one I should have pulled the trigger on.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:35 am

gwturbo wrote:

Thanks Dan, I hope you still have your turbo wagon. That's probably the one I should have pulled the trigger on.

ya it's still here .. Just sitting in the driveway. Doing a 3" downpipe an have one of my old 44 turbo's sitting here waiting for a "home" Cool
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 8:52 pm

I hope you got what you wanted for the TR. Dal`s car should be fun for many years.

I was considering selling the T to buy a CTS-V wagon but I think I'll hang on to it for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sold my turbo Regal   Sold my turbo Regal Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sold my turbo Regal
Page 1 of 1