GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm new here.

Go down 
+3
81X11
lakeffect
SaltyDog1969
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SaltyDog1969

SaltyDog1969

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 11:43 pm

Im new here and I have a new to me 91 Olds Custom Cruiser. I had a 94 Impala ss,so I'm familiar with the B bodies.
Back to top Go down

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:13 am

Welcome to the madness SaltyDog.I too am the very proud owner of a immaculate one owner 69000 mile OCC.If you need help please ask no matter how dumb the question may sound to you.Personally I go by the old saying that the
only dumb question is the unasked question.I am sure what with owning an Impala SS you have a lot to offer.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
We dont take ourselves to seriously around here
Back to top Go down
SaltyDog1969

SaltyDog1969

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 12:44 am

Thank you Jim. I was surprised to see that my wagon has no rear sway bar. That will be one of my firt upgrades.

I remember 70's F bodies had a sway bar that will bolt up to our front suspension.
Back to top Go down

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 am

Welcome to the forums. Smile

Where are you from? Got any pics of your wagon? We love photos here, after all. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:44 am

Saltydog, Welcome.

You mentioned in another thread about wanting to meet up with locals. Your info doesn't say where you are from to allow that to happen.

Dave Buchholz, Rochester NY

* Actually, we don't take "Flasheroo" seriously!

Last edited by lakeffect on Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:44 am

Love to see some pics. The Olds are my favorite looking wagons.

Welcome!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:16 am

Welcome aboard! And yes, let's see some pics. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:09 am

Welcome aboard!

The wagon is a different width than the sedan, so you can't just bolt on a rear sway bar. It takes some engineering.

Here are a couple of things people have tried:
Bolting an SS sway bar to a different mount point on the lower control arms.
Bolting a Ford sway bar to the body.

I was lucky enough to buy a sway bar from a limited production run that was set up by Navy Lifer on ISSF. He might do it again if he had five buyers. But it took him a while to sell five sway bars last time, so I doubt he'd set up another purchase without cash up front.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
SaltyDog1969

SaltyDog1969

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:58 am

That Impala SS bar looks like the right width to me. Am I missing something? I know I dont have the mount in the lower control arm for the bar to mount to. But the red bar looks right to me.
Back to top Go down
SaltyDog1969

SaltyDog1969

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:11 am

My OCC is a one owner car as well. I bought it from the son in law and daughter. The OG relly liked the car.

The oil is clean, clean, clen. I have put over 1500 miles on it and the oil is,well, clean, lol.

Leather interior, clean.

One thing that doesnt look right is the brown dash top. Seems when I had the stereo installed that someone had taken the dash apart and broke some tabs or mounts. The dash top is brown and there is no other brown of this color in the car. These cars have horrible glare off the dash. I think the PO had his painted darker.

John
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 6:55 am

welcome.......

Nick is correct, the sway bar will not "drop on". The wagon is wider than the sedan and so are the axles, housing, and the width of the control arms.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:41 pm

Howdy SaltyDog! Sorry for the late hello....looks like you have the Gold OCC? Man, that is one of my fav combos with the gold cladding too. Get a dash mat to dim down that glare. It really does help a lot.

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sponsored content

I'm new here. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm new here.   I'm new here. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm new here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: The Welcome Wagon :: Introductions...-
Jump to: