GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.

Go down 
+11
matthimself456
brokecello
toomanytoyz
Sprocket
phantom 309
Krzdimond
Cadet57
94X2
81X11
Nick Danger
Bewber
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Empty
PostSubject: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:17 am

Hey guys,

I thought I'd share some pics of some of the things I've built, made, or had to create for art class. I know I have an airbrush thread somewhere, but that class is on hiatus while the teacher recovers from a minor surgery, so I've found myself making other things. I know I've posted most of this stuff onto my facey page - so if you're one of my facey friends, too bad. Very Happy

Anyway, every year my kids' school has a fundraiser auction and each class has a class project that has involvement from every kid. I took on the one for my oldest daughter's 3rd grade class and made a big yard cross with every kids footprint on it (yes, I took a 10 foot pole into a 3rd grade classroom with 2 tubs of paint and collected 17 alternating colored footprints from 8 year olds). Once they were dry, each kid signed his/her footprint. From there, I lettered the arms with "We walk by faith" and then built a display for the auction to show how it could look in a garden - including mulch, flowers, a Mary, and a yard sign about the Mary - and it was sold as "delivery and installation included".

Here's how it looked at the auction:
Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Kaleig10

And here's the "no parking" sign I sprayed and lettered to go with it:
Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Let_it10

I got lots of compliments on the cross project and especially the display, but it only went for $150. On the other hand, holy crap - somebody actually paid $150 friggin dollars for something I thought up and created! WOOT! Shocked Very Happy

In addition to the cross, I also did the mirror next to it as my own personal submission to the auction. I got a local glass place to donate it, then I custom reverse etched the backside of it, so that the wording was buried in the glass and read correctly from the front side. It also got LOTS of compliments, but I think 24x36 ended up being a little on the big side for most people to have an empty place on their wall for it. Here's how that lettering turned out:
Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Pius_m11

I worked on those things all last week since they had to be at the school by Friday for the Saturday night auction. It worked out perfectly that not only was my airbrush class off, but UM was on spring break, which got me off from my art class.

The next day was my neices birthday party. She turned 21 and just got her hair lady license and a good job at a high end salon one of her instructors just started. Since I'd been working on the other stuff - I hadn't boughten her anything yet - I didn't have anything to give her, and I couldn't show up empty handed - so I ran out to the garage, cut some mirror to size, and whipped this up for her gift, and she loved it. I love a cheap and easy home run!
Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Kass_m10

The downside of sandblasting without a cabinet, you get covered in it:
Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Covere10

Anyway, with those things out of the way, I had to get back to focusing my my school stuff. Right before spring break, we had to do a charcoal drawing of a collection of geometric shapes. After working on it for what seemed like an eternity, here's how my first charcoal drawing turned out:
Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Geo_sh10

From there, I went on spring break and prayed to never see a charcoal pencil again - but it didn't change the fact that I had a homework assignment to draw a paper bag due yesterday, Tuesday - so Monday night I got the stuff out and gave it a whirl - and papa drew a brand new bag:
Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Paperb10

Thankfully, the bag only took me about 2.5 hours, which - as ridiculous as it sounds to spend that long drawing a friggin BAG, I didn't think was TOO bad for it only being the 2nd thing I'd ever drawn with charcoal - and I didn't have any access to instructional help - and I was trying to do it at the kitchen table with all 4 kids either running around, or looming over me, etc. So yesterday I had class again, and was hoping we'd be off of the charcoal kick and onto the next, but we weren't. In the middle of the room was a stool covered in a cloth with a lamp pointed at it. It was an in-class assignment and we had to turn it in before we left. This time, I only had an hour and a half, but finished at the "buzzer" so I didn't have time to fix a couple things I didn't like about it - but here's how that one turned out too:
Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Barsto10

Anyway, if you'd been wondering - that's what I've been up to and how things have been coming. If you weren't wondering, now you know anyway.

Thanks for the look,
John

Also, if you've got any kind of artwork stuff that you've been working on - even if you're a 1 post noob - post it up too!
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:43 pm

That last one is really good. Drapery is frigging hard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:54 pm

Very nice work John ,very nice.You work improves quite a bit from your last post to this one.
If you can maintain your enthusiasm for art at your present level I cant even imagine what
your work will look like in a year.
Keep it up
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:05 pm

You got talent! No joke!
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:56 pm

You do some amazing work!

Jon
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

I'd starting to understand charcoal more and hate it less each time so far.

My biggest challenge moving forward is going to be figuring out how on earth to have fun doing stuff like the things in this thread and have it actually make me money.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:46 pm

How about a charcoal drawing of some b-bodys? I would be interested.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:26 pm

Love that Let It Be sign... I think you's and I will have to talk about a second one
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 7:45 pm

Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Let_it10

Looks good, but I think you got it wrong..... the correction follows:

You forgot the rest of it......."speaking words of wisdom, Let it be"

Paul (McCartney), 1970, not 19:70

I KNEW it sounded familiar.......
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Nick Danger wrote:
That last one is really good. Drapery is frigging hard!

Hard drapery is called a blind,..

nick
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:12 pm

94X2 wrote:
How about a charcoal drawing of some b-bodys? I would be interested.

Jon

Me too,. i want a 3/4 drawing of a wagon with a front rollpan, and a choo choo type air scoop/skirt,.like the shelby mustang sort of thing,.get rid of the landing strip front bumper,.

nick

money available,..
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 8:56 pm

Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Bewb
sorry about the rough edge, I'm tired.

this is the first thing I thought when I saw this pic a few days ago

Awesome charcoal though man.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:21 pm

So you started a thread to say you barely drew yourself out of a paper bag? Smile

Nice work, bruh.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:56 pm

Very nice! Loving the bag!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:09 am

Robert - you're right, but I didn't forget anything. That's how I wanted it. It was positioned next to a Mary and I wanted it to look like it was citing a line of scripture, not an obvious lyric. If somebody'd like one, I can make it read however they want, but that's how I saw mine. Plus I'm not a real big Macartney fan. That dude is a complete tool.

I appreciate the votes of confidence too guys, but I'm just not really ready to tackle a B-body just yet - let alone one with a totally trick front clip - YET. It's easy to make a bag or a drapery look OK because the shapes are naturaly random and abstract, so there's not a standard that you can deviate from - and if you do, your eyes readily accept it, whereas with a known entity, like a car body - any amount of deviation in any dimension jumps off the page. Hopefully I'll be there by the end of the semester.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:14 pm

I was just bustin' yer bawlz

you currently exhibit more talent than I would ever hope to achieve.
Back to top Go down
matthimself456

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:55 pm

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:31 am

Sprocket... I'm digging the "Flamed John Remix"..... NICE!

Gave me a good chuckle when I needed it..Thanks.

John I thought the Bag was exceptional. I was having trouble figuring which was the original one.

If you want to do a rendering of another old bag... I'll send my wife.

(Don't tell her I said that)

Last edited by lakeffect on Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:03 pm

wow.. talent is not the word man.. keep it going!
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:47 am

Hey thanks again guys. Hope you don't mind, but I've got a couple new pieces to share.

This is another charcoal piece I had to do for a UM school assignmnet. It's a still life of a bunch of stuff on a table. It was a pain in the butt, but I thought it came out pretty good and I learned from it.

Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Vase_a10

A couple weekends ago, we picked up an old picture of Mary at an antique mall. When my wife's aunt saw it, she asked if I could make one like it for her. Having never drawn a person and with having this week off from airbrush classes, I figured I'd give it a shot. Like with anything else you do for the first time, I see stuff I'd like to improve on if I did another, but overall I'm not mad at her. She's also done with charcoal.

Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Mary10

Thanks for the look,
John
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:12 am

You have a God given talent sir.................
Back to top Go down
SShiftn6

SShiftn6

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 10:39 pm

Awesome work Bewbz, very impressive!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:34 am

Thanks very much guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.   Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pics of some things I've drawn/built/made lately.
Page 1 of 1