GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?

Go down 
+7
DBeaSSt
94X2
brokecello
stockfornow
94Woody
SShiftn6
Krzdimond
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Empty
PostSubject: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:24 am

Now you can find out. You can decode your VIN, and it shows all the RPO codes your car was ordered with. It also shows how many other cars of the same year, and model, were ordered with your option codes. Good stuff. Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Biggrin

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php

Not entirely accurate, but good info and cool to print out and such...

Lowest # I got was 108 for 19A (whatever that is) 430 for blue cloth and 638 for MAB. Although, there is nothing to indicate how many were WB4 AND MAB...
Back to top Go down
SShiftn6

SShiftn6

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Hmm...very interesting. Although, for my 96 Caprice wagon, it says "Found 638 vehicles matching your year and model in our database"...even though there were only 485 built. It is cool to know that it was 1 of 20 (most likely funeral service) cars that were special ordered for color...mine is black, and has the 01U paint code. I wonder what other colors were spec order.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 6:46 pm

Lowest for mine was the bright white trim at 1399, lol. It was near one of the last 94 cars built with a mid June build date.
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:35 pm

My DGGM was built 8/10/1994. Isn't that an early build?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Nice link!!

Lowest for the OCC was 354

6TM COMPONENT-COMPUTER SELECTED SUSPENSION SUSP(6TM) 354
7TM COMPONET-COMPUTER SELECTED SUSPENSION SUSP(7TM) 354

Is that the auto level rear suspension?

----

On the '96 RMW...it was built 10 days after my B-day and one day before our wedding date! Lol (corny I know)

And only 77 with Limited Ruby Red Cloth!!

79C TRIM COMBINATION,CLOTH,RUBY RED (79C) 77

and one of 731 with a factory engine block! Still have the plug too. Lol

K05 HEATER,ENGINE BLOCK ENG BLK HTR(K05) 731
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 2:58 pm

I checked all 3 of mine and the lowest was 211 on the 95...a whole lot more 94's!
793 TRIM COMBINATION LEATHER,RUBY RED (793)
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Guys, keep in mind that the codes are for ALL cars in that line that had that option. NOT how many have ALL those options. IE: MAB, WB4, V92.... NOT MAB and WB4 and V92.

Still looking for the latter.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Oh, so only 77 had ruby red cloth? Not Limited Ruby Red cloth? That does not make sense though...I bet a lot of wagons in '96 had the ruby red standard cloth seats.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:32 pm

brokecello wrote:
Oh, so only 77 had ruby red cloth? Not Limited Ruby Red cloth? That does not make sense though...I bet a lot of wagons in '96 had the ruby red standard cloth seats.

I would bet it's 77 Limited Ruby Cloth. Mainly because the Limited cloth is different than standard cloth.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:26 pm

You can now select what options you want to compare in the rarity section.
There were 324 MGM 95 Caprice Wagons, 175 with grey interiors.
There were 479 DGGM 95 Caprice Wagons, 284 with grey interiors.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:11 am

You an also buy AC Delco parts from them. Click on Buick, then find your year/model and look at the pics.
Back to top Go down
AVIDINHA

AVIDINHA

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 8:28 am

wow seems like mine was the only one that came like it from the factory. if it's accurate, that's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/avidinha
MrBuick

MrBuick

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 2:17 am

This looks familiar...
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 5:01 am

It is Cory, I got it from you....
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 6:58 pm

So I wonder how long Cory will lurk in wagon land before he buys one Smile
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 7:05 pm

21 minutes.

I have heard rumors that he was looking for one a couple of months ago Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?   Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ever wonder how many cars like yours were built?
Page 1 of 1