GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Empty
PostSubject: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:12 pm

My car-nut friend Laird, with the AMC Pacer, my old Citation X-11, the '67 VW Beetle, '86 Cparice, and that white 96 Bonneville I fixed up, is in Florida on business for the next week. He's got meetings in Tampa, Orlando, and Miami, and is in a rental car driving all over the state.

If ANYONE knows where there is a Roady wagon in a salvage yard that might have my grill in Florida, please let me know. Laird loves yarding and is willing to go yank a grill for me if it's anywhere near him on his travels.

Thanks all!!

-Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:35 pm

I wish I knew. There are big yards within an hour of each of those cities, though.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:50 pm

I go to the U Pull It in Ft Laud twice a year, and I have never seen a Roadie there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:51 pm

First time for everything, Jay. Smile
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Anyone been to any of these yards? Found these on Car-Part.com

- 93 Roady Wagon - A & A Auto Recycling, 5507 9th St. Brandenton, FL 34203 Phone: 941-751-2690

- 92 Roady Wgn - Jim's Auto Salvage, 3900 Cemetery Road, Sebring Florida 1-800-282-4620

- 93 Roady Wagon - Ray's Auto Parts, 1250 West Mowry Drive, Homestead, FL, 33030 Toll Free: 1 (800) 432-4832 - Near Miami

- 91 Roady Wgn - J And B Used Auto Parts, 17105 E Colonial Dr. Orlando, FL 32820, 800-432-2952
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:23 pm

Now just because I posted that PLEASE don't go steal my grill. ; )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:01 pm

All of those are too far from me. If it fails, Car-Part.com can help you search for them. One place says they have a good one that would meet your strenuous detail requirements for $100. Steep though....
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:23 pm

81X11 wrote:
Anyone been to any of these yards? Found these on Car-Part.com

- 92 Roady Wgn - Jim's Auto Salvage, 3900 Cemetery Road, Sebring Florida 1-800-282-4620

I will be in Sebring next week wed-Sat for the Mobil1 12 Hours of Sebring ALMS races. I could try to go by there.

I check craigslist daily for the local u-pull-its, hasn't been a new RMW in months.
Back to top Go down
jeffracer

jeffracer

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:26 pm

I shouldn't tell you this. I was at LKQ in Tampa about 2 months ago and pulled some trim pieces from a RMW. It had a very good grill, I was going to pull it then decided not to bother as I didn't need one. Next time I went back, the grill was gone. Sorry
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:00 pm

jeffracer wrote:
I shouldn't tell you this. I was at LKQ in Tampa about 2 months ago and pulled some trim pieces from a RMW. It had a very good grill, I was going to pull it then decided not to bother as I didn't need one. Next time I went back, the grill was gone. Sorry

Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:41 pm

Hey Mike...

http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/2240680417.html

They're about 20 mins from me, call Mike, if its a good grill, I can pick it up for you.
Back to top Go down
GN1220

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:05 pm

Have you tried Fred or even Buick? Seems like they were still available new not very long ago for around $100.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:03 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Hey Mike...

http://hartford.craigslist.org/pts/2240680417.html

They're about 20 mins from me, call Mike, if its a good grill, I can pick it up for you.

I'll call tomorrow thanks!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 11:05 pm

GN1220 wrote:
Have you tried Fred or even Buick? Seems like they were still available new not very long ago for around $100.

I can get it new from GM Parts Direct for $146....but was hoping to find a good used one for a lot less. I paid $15 for the one at Wrench-A-Part, but could not get it to shine up enough to use it on my car....I know...picky-picky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:27 am

Hey Mike considering your "standards" are much higher than average concerning your wagon just
bite the bullet and buy a new grill.You know you wont find a used grill that will meet your
requirements unless it was on a garage kept.low miles,no salt car that was never driven in the
rain or brite sunlight.Buy a new grill Mike please.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:39 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Hey Mike considering your "standards" are much higher than average concerning your wagon just
bite the bullet and buy a new grill.You know you wont find a used grill that will meet your
requirements unless it was on a garage kept.low miles,no salt car that was never driven in the
rain or brite sunlight.Buy a new grill Mike please.
Jim Gordon

We have GREAT plasti-chrome here. Sun and heat does not hurt it, accident damage and rock chips do. Mine on the car now has some rock chips but overall looks good.

I'm hoping Laird finds me one in Florida!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!   Hey Florida Wagon Guys!  Please read! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hey Florida Wagon Guys! Please read!
Page 1 of 1