GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Got my "new to me" toy working today...........

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Got my "new to me" toy working today........... Empty
PostSubject: Got my "new to me" toy working today...........   Got my "new to me" toy working today........... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:30 pm

I was with John a few days ago working on our cars. We were at his rental garage tearing into our cars. The neighbor, a renter like John, knocked on the door and wanted to sell some tools off as he was closing his business. He had a Lincoln MIG welder he did not want, but was looking for a 110v wire feed. I happen to have just what he was looking for at home.

So I ended up trading my cheap'y wire feed and some cash for a Lincoln Pro-MIG 175. Came with a 3' tank, cart, and tons of tips and wire. Today I pulled a piece of 8/3 wire and installed a 220V plug in the front of the garage. Took me the better part of the day to finish while helping my son change his oil and stripping he Monte Carl.

Now I am a wanna be welder!!! Just in time to do my exhaust.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Got my "new to me" toy working today...........   Got my "new to me" toy working today........... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:56 pm

Congrats on the score, but I LOVE my Lincoln 110v welder.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Got my "new to me" toy working today...........   Got my "new to me" toy working today........... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Nice score! I've GOT to learn to weld if I'm ever gonna fix that '67 in my garage. Jealous!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Got my "new to me" toy working today...........   Got my "new to me" toy working today........... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:39 pm

I have a set of used lower control arms I have been wanting to box in. Maybe that will be my maiden project...............
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Got my "new to me" toy working today...........   Got my "new to me" toy working today........... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:01 am

Just remember...

"Weld for Strength, Grind for Beauty"

...and you will be ok. Wink
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Got my "new to me" toy working today...........   Got my "new to me" toy working today........... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Thanks Bill. BTW it is time to change your signature picture!!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Got my "new to me" toy working today...........   Got my "new to me" toy working today........... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:10 pm

That car won't be out of the snow until July...
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Got my "new to me" toy working today...........   Got my "new to me" toy working today........... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 2:34 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Thanks Bill. BTW it is time to change your signature picture!!

Yeah... Once the snow melts and the rain washes the salt and sand off the property. Sad So yeah... like, uhm... July! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got my "new to me" toy working today...........   Got my "new to me" toy working today........... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got my "new to me" toy working today...........
Page 1 of 1