GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

new here,just found this site

Go down 
+7
Cadet57
lakeffect
brokecello
81X11
toomanytoyz
Krzdimond
la65gs
11 posters
AuthorMessage
la65gs

new here,just found this site Empty
PostSubject: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi all,
Just came across this site while looking at a thread on another. Looks like a great site for wagons.
I have a '94 RMW that is in decent condition, but needs a water pump right now. It's the dark green [DGGM?] and no wood grain.
I bought it to be a daily driver a few years ago and would like to do some changes to it in the future.

Loren
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 4:57 pm

WELCOME Loren! LOTS of good info here and even some that know what they are doing

just some basic questions;

What was the other site?

Where are you at (location)

Feel free to post pics when you can.......... there is a sticky on posting pics, but it's the same for most forums.... Razz
Back to top Go down
la65gs

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 5:10 pm

Krzdimond,
Thanks for the welcome.
I came across the site mentioned while I was on the Impalla SS site.
I'm more interested in wagons obviously then Impallas, since I have a '94 Roadmaster wagon.
I've found a lot of good info and help there in the past. This site looks like a real interesting place for more wagon specific info.
As for location, I live in Nebraska, south of Lincoln.
I will have to get some profile info loaded.
Again,thanks
Loren
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:40 pm

Welcome to the group Loren and if you have a question just ask.Someone here has probably had the same problem
and can save you time,heartache and money.
Welcome Again
Jim Gordon
PS Great age to be isnt it!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:17 pm

Welcome aboard, Loren! Smile

Back to top Go down
la65gs

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Thanks Jim, I'm sure I'll have a few questions. Already asked one and received an answer. Right now I am waiting for a part in order to get it back on the road.

Bill, thanks for the welcome. I like the hood on your wagon. Hope to do some mods to my wagon in the future.

Regards,
Loren
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:01 pm

Welcome to the group. Hard to beat an LT1 Roady. Ask questions and post pics.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
la65gs

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi Mike,
I concur, an LT1 Roady is hard to beat. A sleeper with power and comfort rolled into one.
Loren
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:37 pm

Welcome!! Smile Glad you are joining the madness here!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
la65gs

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 11:59 pm

Thanks for the welcome Chris. Looking forward to the madness.

Loren
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:23 am

LA65GS, You'll find that the Impala SS forum has a wealth of technical information, particularly engine, transmission, cooling and front suspension, window repair threads and stickies. Physically we start to differ from from the dash board back, especially in the rear suspension., and we have a third seat!

And of course Impalas don't get.... er.. ah.. don't have woodies.

We are also small enough to be more social in nature. Stick around you'll have fun.
Back to top Go down
la65gs

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:25 am

lakeffect,
The Impalla site is where I found out that this site exists.
I agree with you that it has a lot of great info,especially for trouble shooting. I found that site a bit over 3 years ago.
Latter,
Loren
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:44 am

Wow, a DGGM WB4? Never seen one of those, cool! Welcome.
Back to top Go down
la65gs

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Wow, a DGGM WB4? Never seen one of those, cool! Welcome.

English please?
I think the "DGGM" means Dark Green Grey Metallic, but the "WB4", you've got me stumped.

Thanks for the welcome Cadet57
Loren
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:47 pm

WB4 is the RPO code for factory wood delete
Back to top Go down
la65gs

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:54 pm

Thanks Krzimond, I appreciate the translation

Loren
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:21 am

Welcome aboard! Sounds like a beautiful wagon.

DGGM is Dark Grey Green Metallic.... on Chevy's. Buick had to be different and called theirs Jadestone Metallic but it's the same color. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:29 am

Loren,

Welcome...... I also have a DGGM 94 RMW, but not a WB4.

Tim
Back to top Go down
la65gs

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:12 am

Mike and Tim thanks for the welcome.
I was aware that the color was the same shade between Chevy and Buick. I picked up a pair of front fenders from a Caprice that are the same with the exception that the
caprice fender has no striping on it . I like the lack of strip.The Buick has a double gold pin strip .
My RMW apparently had a light front ender some where in its past. There are signs of poor repair at the upper back area.
I also came across a '94 Caprice wagon that had a posi and a few other good parts left. So I salvaged them. I will have to find someone to change the code in the pcm to make the speedometer read correct. Haven't installed it yet because of that.
First things first, must get it running again. Dang water pump!

Thanks again,
Loren

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:42 am

When you do the Water Pump, be sure your opti is up to spec. When one is done it might be time for the other.

www.PCMFORLESS.com has done my computers several times. I trust Bryan and Alex seems to be a good egg as well. If you come to WagonFest either Joel or Mike (Scoob8000) might be talked into some PCM tweeks as well. They both are pretty sharp.

Have them tweek your tranny a little to. Joel can make it shift EXACTLY how you want it to, thanks Joel!!

Tim
Back to top Go down
la65gs

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Thanks for the tips Tim.
Loren
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
la65gs

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Nick Danger,
Thanks for the welcome.
Really need to get back out to the shop and get something done.
Loren
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:23 pm

yeah^^^^^ quit typing and get working on that wagon, lol.

I spent about 30 minutes on mine tonight, then went to a local cruise in around the corner to meet another forum member.

Cheers. Oh yeah, we are picture sluts so we NEED to see pics of your wagon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new here,just found this site   new here,just found this site Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new here,just found this site
Page 1 of 1