GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

fan delete pin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
44whoo

fan delete pin Empty
PostSubject: fan delete pin   fan delete pin Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:14 pm

im doing the mechanical fan delete on my wagon and need the pin for the cpu,my local dealer wants me to buy 5 at 3.89 each is this common or are they sold individually?
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

fan delete pin Empty
PostSubject: Re: fan delete pin   fan delete pin Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:23 pm

you could also take a pin out of junkyard does not matter which one then splice into the wire. or maybe contact gary at Innovative Wiring
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
lakeffect

lakeffect

fan delete pin Empty
PostSubject: Re: fan delete pin   fan delete pin Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:52 am

I've found a bag of pins at NAPA in the past. Couldn't buy just one pin

If you only have one pin and screw it up, you'll be thankful for a few spares.

Last edited by lakeffect on Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

fan delete pin Empty
PostSubject: Re: fan delete pin   fan delete pin Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:15 am

lakeffect wrote:
I've found a bag of pins at NAPA in the past. Couldn't but just one pin.

Dave is correct!

I bought mine at the dealer; then later I saw them at NAPA on the rack with odds and ends.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
44whoo

fan delete pin Empty
PostSubject: Re: fan delete pin   fan delete pin Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:59 pm

any part # on the aftermarket pin i need?
Back to top Go down

fan delete pin Empty
PostSubject: Re: fan delete pin   fan delete pin Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:03 pm

Exactly what is the PIN and where does it go please?I have the electric fans,upper shroud and the
upper and lower brackets sitting in the garage and should go ahead and install them.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
44whoo

fan delete pin Empty
PostSubject: Re: fan delete pin   fan delete pin Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 7:17 pm

the pin ties the fan to the cpu to turn it on automatically.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

fan delete pin Empty
PostSubject: Re: fan delete pin   fan delete pin Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Here's the gist of the whole problem.

If you don't have the electrical fans as a stock item you need to replicate all the wiring that needs to be there. That include fuses, relays, wires and connectors to the all points necessary including back to the ECM.

The ECM has a couple of connectors there all ready. Every wire going to it ends in a male / female combination. Since GM didn't put the proper pin there in the connector, you need to do it.

Because I'm running a 7730 ECM for a TPI setup, I use a totally different ECM than the rest of you guy, so I can't help you as to which pin in which connector, but here's an idea that I came up with for swap overs.

Personally, I don't want to commit to the mechanical part of the install until I know I've got the electrical part done correctly. I might screw it up, and now there's ZERO fans!

The fan is simple a load in the circuit. We can substitute a test load instead. If we hook up a 12 light bulb instead of the fan, we have a visual indication that the circuit came on. If we have dual fans at different temps, then we use two bulbs. It's simple enough the lay the bulbs on the cowl, or if you already have a 12 test bulb just use jumpers.

Simple solution.

Now and know you don't have to worry dismantling the mechanical fan only to find out TOO LATE that the electric fan is f**ked up and the freaking engine (or even the regular engine) is overheating.

Instead, we can warm up the engine with the bulbs attached, and Bingo, we have proof that the circuit works.

I hope this helps someone out there!

Dave

Back to top Go down

fan delete pin Empty
PostSubject: Re: fan delete pin   fan delete pin Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:20 pm

Dave I agree with you completely and wont do the mod until I know everything is correct.Do you
mean a number 12 lightbulb or a 12volt bulb?I know that sounds silly but I am just being cautious.
Wiring up a battery or a alternator is about my limit of knowledge.
Thanks Again
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

fan delete pin Empty
PostSubject: Re: fan delete pin   fan delete pin Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:32 am

12 volt bulb for a 12 volt system
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

fan delete pin Empty
PostSubject: Re: fan delete pin   fan delete pin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fan delete pin
Page 1 of 1