GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

latch system for child seats?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
44whoo

latch system for child seats? Empty
PostSubject: latch system for child seats?   latch system for child seats? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:16 am

i have a 95 rmw,and 3 young kids.are roadmaster wagons compatible with the newer car seat hook attatchments?
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: latch system for child seats?   latch system for child seats? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:06 am

No, they are not.

I remember calling Graco a few years back asking how to put car seats in one of my old vans. The van didn't have shoulder belts and the car seat instructions said not to install with lap belts only.... Hmmm. When asked about that, the Graco rep., was silent for a moment, then said "I need to buy a newer car." Rolling Eyes

Ohhh.... thanks for your help.

Sorry I don't have a better answer 44whoo.

Mike
Back to top Go down
44whoo

PostSubject: Re: latch system for child seats?   latch system for child seats? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:09 am

thanks!i was looking at the owners manual and it seems the dealer might have a retrofit kit.
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: latch system for child seats?   latch system for child seats? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2011 9:17 am

200OZ wrote:
I remember calling Graco a few years back asking how to put car seats in one of my old vans. The van didn't have shoulder belts and the car seat instructions said not to install with lap belts only.... Hmmm. When asked about that, the Graco rep., was silent for a moment, then said "I need to buy a newer car."

I don't know what kind of seat you were trying to install, but I've never seen one that said not to install with a lap belt. For an infant or toddler seat, the whole point of the metal clip is to transform your lap/shoulder belt into just a lap belt. If you don't have a shoulder belt, you use only the lap belt and ignore the clip. For older kids, the whole reason for the booster is because shoulder belts sit too high on a kid's body. If it's only a lap belt, you don't need a booster. (Note that this is common sense and may conflict with state/local laws).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: latch system for child seats?   latch system for child seats? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

latch system for child seats?
Page 1 of 1