GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another SEM Question...

Go down 
+3
Fred Kiehl
jayoldschool
Cadet57
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Another SEM Question... Empty
PostSubject: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:13 am

Also, perhaps we should make a sticky with all known SEM numbers? And their Classic Coat/ Color Coat equivalent.

As for my question, anyone know what the sem number for the TBI caprice maroon interior is? My brother is picking up a '93 LS sedan with cloth seats, a JY near us has a nice power leather interior that we might wanna swap in.

Another SEM Question... 004cap10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:30 am

Yep. I found it about a month ago and made a thread. Shame on you for not searching, noob!

TBI red SEM code is 4565 according to SEM themselves. I haven't ordered or used it yet, but that's the number I was given. I'm going to order a few cans next week and get ready for my console and dual passenger seat mod. Smile
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:33 am

Stingroo wrote:
Yep. I found it about a month ago and made a thread. Shame on you for not searching, noob!

TBI red SEM code is 4565 according to SEM themselves. I haven't ordered or used it yet, but that's the number I was given. I'm going to order a few cans next week and get ready for my console and dual passenger seat mod. Smile

Is that for the maroon or the regular red as there are two different red interiors, one like yours and this maroon one. Hence my confusion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:35 am

Hmm.... 4565 I was told was "Ruby Red", which I think is my interior, actually.

Best bet is to just call them up.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Not the same as TBI RMW "Dark Maple Red", btw Wink
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 4:12 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Not the same as TBI RMW "Dark Maple Red", btw Wink

Go freakin figure. Razz
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:34 pm

I was told that by SEM that 4565 was Dark Maple Red. I just bought 2 cans, but have not had time to use them. My interior trim code is 70I...Dark Maple Red.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Same here. Let me know how it looks. Where'd you order them from?

I've heard some here refer to it as TBI red and "ruby" red. I don't know - why did GM have to be evil and change the color on us?!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:03 am

Ruby Red is the 94-96 color.

I got the Dark Maple Red from vinylpro.com Shipping is the same for up to about 4 cans, so you can spread your cost out if you buy in a little bulk. It has a 2 year shelf life, so it does not hurt to have a little extra. You get a sheet of instructions with it, and they recommend some products for better results. Most of the items are for cleaning, and prep.
Back to top Go down
BigWagon

BigWagon

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 12:02 pm

It is times like these when I appreciate my tan interior Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 9:34 pm

fed pop up some b4 and after shots. You saw my interior....although I may go in another direction as I have gray or tan cloth seats to go in t
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:22 pm

I am just doing a couple of touch-ups. It will not make a big difference in anything. The top hard parts of my front doors are getting sunbleached. I may do the A pillars too. All I want to do is freshen them. I would check with SEM to verify that their color will cover paint. What panels do you need to get rid of the paint? I have a couple of DMR front door panels. The driver's door has a small chip at the top rear edge, which could be repaired (I have a piece to fix it). And I have a really nice passenger side panel. There may still be a rear door panel or 2 at the local JY.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 10:58 pm

Does anyone know what the code is for LT1 Ruby Red is?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:43 pm

Here you go Chris: Ruby Red GM code 79I = SEM 4791 CAll VinylPro.com

Tom
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:43 am

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another SEM Question...   Another SEM Question... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another SEM Question...
Page 1 of 1