GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!

Go down 
+4
93wgn
Krzdimond
DBeaSSt
firewood
8 posters
AuthorMessage
firewood

firewood

I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Empty
PostSubject: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 3:29 pm

No fun being a mod with nothing to moderate. Don't make me have to BAN someobody afro
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Careful what you ask for. Wink

Ever so slightly off topic here but could you post some details of your headlight mod in the Technical Info section?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
firewood

firewood

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 4:11 pm

Sure... I'll link the thread, It'd take me a week to type it over again.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 6:58 pm

I have a question.

What is the maximum velocity of a laden swallow??
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:47 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
I have a question.

African or European?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 8:47 am

DBeaSSt wrote:
Krzdimond wrote:
I have a question.

African or European?

THAT, my friend, is the answer I was looking for lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 12:36 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Krzdimond wrote:
I have a question.

African or European?

You beat me to it!
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 4:25 pm

affraid HFS!!! You guys are killing me lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
firewood

firewood

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 7:33 pm

Once again... Gimmie something to do people!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 8:41 pm

All right Kurt, here's a question:

You can mount any 15" tire on any 15" rim... within reason. What are the bounds of reason when it comes to this? Same goes for 17", 19", etc. I see 9C1 guys put 255s and 275s on stock 15x7 rims and they look like balloons. I see a lot of Japanese racers and historically a bunch of 1970s road racers and formula cars use really wide rims, such that the sidewalls are reaching outward to meet the rim. Why do they do this? How do these variations between the rim width and the tire width affect driving? Is there a formula I can use as a rule of thumb between a tire's section width (the "235" in P235/70R15) and the rim width?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:02 pm

I've got one. Where can I get lug nuts to use the Astro chrome center caps with the thread-on black nut caps (Razz) to use on my Marshmallow?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 9:25 pm

I got mine at the junkyard from a few cars. They gave them to me for nothing.

Thing is, I used the centers for the pickups which uses bigger lugs/studs than a B body. To remedy that I got a set of the smaller nut covers and removed the top section. I then epoxied it into the bigger truck covers and Voila. Chrome center caps and rings for less than $50. I hate the metal screw on caps and was determined to make these work.

I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! 1002260z

Excuse the dirtiness of the pic, car needs a bath.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:16 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
All right Kurt, here's a question:

You can mount any 15" tire on any 15" rim... within reason. What are the bounds of reason when it comes to this? Same goes for 17", 19", etc. I see 9C1 guys put 255s and 275s on stock 15x7 rims and they look like balloons. I see a lot of Japanese racers and historically a bunch of 1970s road racers and formula cars use really wide rims, such that the sidewalls are reaching outward to meet the rim. Why do they do this? How do these variations between the rim width and the tire width affect driving? Is there a formula I can use as a rule of thumb between a tire's section width (the "235" in P235/70R15) and the rim width?

They used the wide wheels to stabilize the tire. The tread can not deform because the sidewall does not bend, or roll under. The downside is that the ride is a bit more harsh, again because the sidewall does not roll under or flex when the tire hits a bump. It is the same effect as using a large diameter rim and a small profile tire. The car should corner better if you do not mind the increased harshness of the ride. Think of a box. If the sides are straight up and down you can push the box side to side. If the bottom is wider, it is not going to allow you to push the top side to side. If the bottom is narower, you can more easily push the top side to side, and the top will change angles.

The manufacturer has a range of rim widths for each tire. Using a too narrow rim can cause the bead to leak, because the shape of the bead can only keep it in contact with the rim up to certain angles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!   I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need something to do! SOmebody ask a question or something!
Page 1 of 1