GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW?

Go down 
+4
95BRMW
DBeaSSt
lornejay1
brokecello
8 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? Empty
PostSubject: Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW?   Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 6:14 am

Has anyone ever seen one of these in person before???

Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? DSC02922

Its on THIS hearse (which I know come with low options to begin with...just never seen that option before...(if its factory?)

Dig the manual pass seat too. Lol

Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? DSC02954

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW?   Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:34 am

All the ones who did are no longer with us Chris. lol! Sorry,couldn't resist.

But No,I haven't,not even in any of the Funeral ones. Lorne.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW?   Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 8:36 am

Wow, I've never seen that before either. Cool find.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW?   Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:37 am

I thought the same thing when I saw that hearse on ebay. Someone mentioned it on the ISSF and it was an option, which I have never seen myself. He mentioned it was C67 for some hybrid controls, or C60 for a full manual. I am guessing the one above is the hybrid one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW?   Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 11:32 am

I am probably wrong but I remember reading that the AC systems were smaller on any
Hearse that was designed with a airtight barrier seperating the drivers area from the rear
casket area.The HVAC control above indicates that this is one of those systems.I remember
thinking whats the reasons for not wanting to cool the rear casket area but I am sure Lorne
knows why.I bet GM spent a fortune designing the above controller and why did they even
bother?
IMHO
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW?   Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:57 pm

To think, after all this time... we thought we had seen it all...

Anyone recognize that unit? Knowing GM, it HAS to be from something else.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW?   Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:27 pm

Sure would hate to have that controller break if it was my car...I can picture the blank stares at the Buick parts counter. Wink
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW?   Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 3:56 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
To think, after all this time... we thought we had seen it all...

Anyone recognize that unit? Knowing GM, it HAS to be from something else.
Based on GM's track record, one would think so, but not this time - both C67/C68 controls are showing as "B" only.

Still available though:

Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? 15-72081

PN 16193094 - B(C67) CONTROL,HTR & A/C(Y-CPS)(ACDelco #15-72081) - $542.36

Expensive - but still much less than the more common one:

Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? 15-72261

PN 16210714 - B(C68) CONTROL,HTR & A/C(ACDelco #15-72261) - $1014.50

Would be a neat way to add pushbutton HVAC controls to a Caprice/Impala without having to deal with the off color LCD or PWM dimming circuit of the C68 head unit.

- J
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW?   Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:55 am

Flasheroo wrote:
I am probably wrong but I remember reading that the AC systems were smaller on any
Hearse that was designed with a airtight barrier seperating the drivers area from the rear
casket area.The HVAC control above indicates that this is one of those systems.I remember
thinking whats the reasons for not wanting to cool the rear casket area but I am sure Lorne
knows why.I bet GM spent a fortune designing the above controller and why did they even
bother?
IMHO
Jim Gordon

You could be right. I've never heard that but logically, it makes sense. That said, our '96 Fleetwood hearse has a standard Fleetwood digital climate control. Perhaps it was a Buick only thing, or specific to the coach maker.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW?   Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Factory Manual Climate Control for LT1 RMW?
Page 1 of 1