GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jimbeau

Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control Empty
PostSubject: Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control   Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:08 am

Looking at DBeaSSt's thread on fixing Crovo's Caddy got me wondering if anyone here has converted the hvac control on their 94-96 Caprice to an automatic control from a Roadmaster. How 'do-able' is it? What parts and modifications, other than the control unit itself, are required? Thanks. - Jim

Last edited by jimbeau on Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control   Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:10 am

Jim,
Sent you a PM
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control   Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:10 am

Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control   Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:18 am

Jim we should get together and do this mod to both of our wagons
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control   Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:38 am

After looking at the thread, I'll pass. It isn't important enough for me to tear into the dash again. Plus, there may not be room, with an amp and other paraphernalia back there. I don't really care much at all about having auto-air. It just looked like a neat idea if it was easy enough. I'm old enough to be old-school. I don't mind twisting knobs.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control   Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:43 am

wuss
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control   Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:44 am

Yup. I've been in that dash a dozen times already. I'm done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control   Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Converting manual hvac control to RM automatic control
Page 1 of 1