GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails

Go down 
+3
lornejay1
phantom 309
Wagon Collector
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Empty
PostSubject: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:20 pm

Looking for a nice set of cross rails for a Caprice Wagon. Mine's a '94, but I believe '91 - '96 will work.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 8:33 pm

oops,. 2 sets gone to the crusher,.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Hey Wagon Collector,dont the Caprice wagons normally come with only one adjustable rack
and do you want the tall style or the short sleeker looking style?
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:16 pm

There are a set of the tall cross racks on Ebay for $125 shipped.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:32 pm

Caprices have two racks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:41 pm

Thanks Ray,but does the Caprice use the short or the tall racks?
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 9:47 pm

Mine has short racks, not sure about the later ones. I think they can use either?
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Forget punctuation,it is simple useless posts like this that irritate me.

First of all,rails aren't racks. Be specific Or ask.

Second if only one is adjustable, why does that make you think there aren't two?

No offense Kevin,but if you have 4 wagons,how could you possibly need all the RACKS,as these guys call the cross pieces,all at once.

I say it's time for fillers on the burgundy one,and problem solved.

Oh yea, I heard Nick crushed some wagons, thought you all should know,as it was posted in the wrong section.

Maybe go and make a fuss over it in the other section to make him feel good.

lol! afro flower jocolor geek scratch study elephant queen king farao rendeer santa Smile Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Crying or Very sad Embarassed Razz Wink Smile Sad Surprised cat sunny confused bounce pig farao santa scratch pig cyclops No Razz Crying or Very sad alien pale monkey pirat cheers Sleep rendeer santa queen cat clown Neutral Arrow Idea Question pale lol! lol! scratch geek farao sunny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 11:34 pm

Lorne I did not know that all posts had to meet a certain usefullness /purpose level.If this is
the case then about 75 % of everything posted here is pretty useless but kind of interesting to the individual making the post.I mean 11 pages so far about a non GM longroof might be
useless to you but what about Bill.Oh well I guess I have just about reached my personal
uselessness limit so I must go.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:15 am

Wagon Collector wrote:
Looking for a nice set of cross rails for a Caprice Wagon. Mine's a '94, but I believe '91 - '96 will work.

Thanks in advance!

lornejay1 wrote:

lornejay1 wrote:

Oh yea, I heard Nick crushed some wagons, thought you all should know,as it was posted in the wrong section.

Corn flakes a little salty today?
Happy dead jesus day,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:54 am

phantom 309 wrote:
Wagon Collector wrote:

Thanks in advance!

lornejay1 wrote:

lornejay1 wrote:

Corn flakes a little salty today?
Happy dead jesus day,..

Nick

Today is alive Jesus day.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 10:07 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:

Fred of all your posts, that is the best answer yet.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 11:03 am

silverfox103 wrote:
Fred Kiehl wrote:

Fred of all your posts, that is the best answer yet.

Tom C.

I'm still laughing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Unlike you Nick,I kept everything my two caprice wagons came with on the roof from the factory,so chances are I have what Kevin is looking for,just not for sale.

I have always understood that RAILS are what something travels on, so shame on me.

Either way since I have roof RACK fillers, Kevin is looking for what is attached permanently to the roof.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 12:30 pm

Lorne' was your last post somewhat useless as everything you said was irrelevant to what
Kevin is looking for?
Happy Holidays
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Well now I am really confused Jim.

According to your post I don't have what Kevin is looking for,even though I have two of everything that a caprice wagon comes with on the roof from the factory,I thought that was clear.

I guess these are rare parts found somewhere else on a wagon.

Kevin said he was looking for a set,not desperately needs them.

If it were a part he can't drive his car without I would sell them.

Nothing personal Jim,I wasn't trying to stir the pot,I simply admitted that these type of threads irritate me.

It is the parts for sale section,if Nick is going to share with us that he scrapped these parts whenever someone asks,What good will that do?

In regards to the part Kevin is looking for,I would think a man who has 4 wagons would have the ability to know if these are interchangeable! That's why I thought he must mean where the rack mounts to the roof.

I will Shut up now.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Hey Lorne Maybe I misunderstood, i thought you said you had what Kevin was looking for but
you are keeping what you have for yourself.So what was the point of your post.No biggie
Lorne take care and enjoy the rest of easter.No hard feelings please!
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Looking for the moveable pieces that go across the car. I would like a set, but I would take either the just the front or just the rear.

Lorne, since I have only owned Caprice wagons (six of 'em total), and never a Roadmaster and never an Oldsmobile, I've only personally owned that one type. I know there are differences, so I figured I'd simply post that I'm lookg for a set as originally equipped on a Caprice.

I need more to mount a kayak carrier that I am making - I want to put three factory cross pieces on the car.

Anyway, if anyone has these as originally equipped on a Caprice that they want to sell, I'm interested in buying them. Cool
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 7:55 pm

I'm heading to the JY this weekend. There was a '94 Caprice there. If it still has the bars, I'll snag them for you if you don't find some in the meantime.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:

JeeeZus!
I guess mentioned a couple of times that parts needed i scrapped,.has it been everytime? ah well,. never again,. Nuff said.
Basketball

Nick
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:29 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
I'm heading to the JY this weekend. There was a '94 Caprice there. If it still has the bars, I'll snag them for you if you don't find some in the meantime.

Cool! Let me know, thanks.

phantom 309 wrote:

JeeeZus!
I guess mentioned a couple of times that parts needed i scrapped,.has it been everytime? ah well,. never again,. Nuff said.
Basketball

Nick

Meh... didn't bother me at all. This is a forum, so I'm not offended by posts like that. I took it as "if you need a part let me know because I scrap these things on occasion" type of thing. No worries here.

Kevin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 9:30 pm

Three roof racks? Kayak mount?

I'm intrigued. This sounds awesome.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2011 6:47 am

So do you still need these? I have the tall black ones in my shed. $40 delivered to the fest or I can get a shipping quote for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails   WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB Caprice Wagon Luggage Rack Rails
Page 1 of 1