GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Empty
PostSubject: Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip   Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:36 am

Hi Gang and Happy Easter!

The family and I went to Dallas for Easter weekend in the Roady. Really a nice weekend, got home a few hours ago.

Went yarding during the day Saturday, basically struck out on wagons, but saw some neat stuff. Got all the electrical parts for my Cutlass too. Will be taking them over to Robert's shop tomorrow...hopefully some work!

Was a bust for wagons though. Saw one very stripped 94 Caprice wagon, and that was it. If anyone has it, I REALLY REALLY need the 94-96 rectangular driver's side door panel trim around the door handle that also has the lock slider/control and speaker mounted to it. I don't care what color...I'll SEM it. I've given up...EVERY ONE is broken down here. Please let me know!

I did have fun though, and got some neat stuff, Here's some Dallas yard pics for you guys:

4th gen Z28 convertible
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend001

Here's something kinda neat. It was pretty beat up, but early 80's Bonneville with factory bucket seats, floor shift, and Rally II wheels
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend004
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend002
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend003

I found three Cavalier Z24's. Two had good hoods too
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend005
These fiberglass hoods are actually somewhat functional. There is a hole on the bottom of the hood that seats to an opening on the air cleaner housing. Kinda neat!
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend006
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend008
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend010
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend009
Z24-specific gauges..200K miles!
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend011
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend007
Also found this older Z24...older style interior with digital gauges
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend014
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend015
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend016
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend017

Solid Elky
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend013
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend012

Now THIS was my favorite. Black over black leather late 70's Grand Prix T-top. The back seat was perfect, and I stashed the lower cushion in the trunk for a friend. I snagged a perfect T-top trunk storage bag, and also got the plastic interior trim that sits under the t-top bar. I'm going to mount an 80's Camaro dome light to it and save my original panels. Need to find some SEM blue. I didn't snag the t-tops....should have though. Grrr.
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend018
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend019
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend020
$13! Woo-Hoo!
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend044

There was also a pretty good assortment of older stuff. Most was pretty picked over, but still fun to look at. Here are some intersting ones.
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend021
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend022
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend030
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend023
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend028
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend029
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend031
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend024
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend025
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend026
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend027
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend032
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend033
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend034
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend035
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend036
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend037
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend038
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend039
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend040
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend041
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend042
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend043

And what do all responsible wagon owners do after parking their babies in dusty salvage yard parking lots??
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend045

Saturday evening myself, my wife, our kids, plus the in-laws loaded into the wagon for a wedding reception. My wife's older sister got married in Aruba..I think...some island..ha...and we had a big party for them on Lake Lewisville at a place called Sneaky Pete's. Neat BIG place on the lake. Got to watch a HECK of a big thunderstorm that passed to the north of the lake. Good lightning show, and no hail, thankfully. My new brother-in-law seem like a good guy...and I danced with my wife...twice..ha...which made her happy. Rolling Eyes

This morning my father-in-law and I went on a really nice motorcycle ride. Dallas has had rain, and it's GREEN up there. Rolling hills and tree-covered country roads between Red Oak and Waxahachie. He was on his Vulcan Classic and I rode my mother-in-law's red Honda Pacific Coast, which is a lot like riding the world's largest scooter. It's so easy to ride I think my 9-year-old could handle it, but it made for a smooth easy cruise.

Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend053

After that we got in the Roady wagon and I got to do a little off-road driving. Who needs and SUV when you have a Roady wagon! Ha! It did fine in the grasslands. Was not muddy, thankfully!
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend047
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend046

My in-laws made a BIG Easter lunch and my parents showed up, and we all had a good meal and a nice visit. The in-laws bought my oldest kiddo an electric scooter...that's pretty fast! He loved it, and we had fun watching him ride it.
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend050
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend052

Played outside at the in-laws after lunch. My youngest LOVES playing in the back of my father-in-laws Silverado:
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend049

Fun times with the family
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend051

Loaded up the Roady, said goodbye's, and headed back south to Austin! This is my favorite family car!
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend048

The Roady did great. Not one issue with it. That is SUCH a good trip car! I did the mileage, and it got 22.3mpg, which is awesome considering it was loaded the entire trip, plus we had a big headwind coming home.

Oh and we spoke in another thread about "Mexican Wagon Trains" keeping me entertained on I-35 between Dallas and Austin. These guys buy rusty trade-in trucks, equipment, and other stuff from up north and lug it back down to Mexico. Came across a REALLY good group of them. Soon to be chased by the DEA and Border Patrol..ha. These were great! Not just beat-up rusty trucks, but with Jet Skis and 4-wheeler's strapped on too! Ha! I'm AMAZING how they strap this stuff on! Ha!
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend064
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend058
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend057
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend055
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend056

And that monster had two more towing along with it:
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend054
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend060
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend059
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend061
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend062
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip EasterWeekend063

Hope you liked the pics!

Again, Happy Easter Gang!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip   Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:16 am

I forgot one cool/funny thing. At Sneaky Pete's on Saturday night the wagon got parked in the front parking row, between a new S-class Mercedes and a Denali.

Nice to know it got some repect at the club! Ha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip   Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:30 am

Cool pics Mike. One of these days I'm going to go to TX just to go yarding. On another note, a elderly couple about 1/2 mile from my house has one of these as their daily driver. Same color too:

How its still going is beyond me, thing is pretty solid too.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip   Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 11:33 am

Cadet57 wrote:
Cool pics Mike. One of these days I'm going to go to TX just to go yarding. On another note, a elderly couple about 1/2 mile from my house has one of these as their daily driver. Same color too:

How its still going is beyond me, thing is pretty solid too.

I think that's what Jack Lemmon drove in Grumpy Old Men. Ha!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip   Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Awesome pics Mike and you were not exagerating about the Mexican car trains one damn bit.
Do they have to show proof of ownership at the border or do they just get waved thru?Water
toys probably for the drug cartels to play with and patrol their "Borders".Wont get into what
I think we should do with our southern border.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip   Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:51 pm

Yeah it's gotten kind of scary. Don't know if it made national news, but a man and his wife were abushed on Falcon Lake last fall, on the Texas/Mexico border. They were out on Jet Ski's just having fun and all the sudden Mexican "pirates" began shooting at them from boats and watercraft. The wife escaped but the man was shot in the head and killed.

It's a mess, for sure. I used to take my Mom across the border at Laredo to shop and eat lunch. We used to make day trips of it. Have not gone in 5 years. It's too dangerous now.

Last I heard any vehicle 10-years old or older can go over into Mexico with no taxes, but it has to have a title. The say 100's of vehicles go over the border all the time. It's big business.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip   Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:59 pm

Mike, it did make national news. Sad really.

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip   Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Exporting Used Pick-ups to Mexico

Pick-up trucks must meet these requirements:

Minimum of 10 years old.
Weigh less than 7054 lbs (3200 Kgs.).
The vehicle must have a gasoline engine.
Bought in either The United States or Canada.

Note: Only Mexican residents can export Pick-up trucks.

Documentation Required for Exporting Pick-ups
The following documents are required to export a pick-up truck to Mexico:

Original title and 2 copies (front & back) of title with indication of the vehicle value.
Identification required by:
U.S. customs broker and U.S. CBP - two copies of either a Resident Alien Card, Visa, Mexican Passport, or U.S. Drivers License
Mexican customs broker and Aduana Mexico (Mexican customs) - Voters registration card, Consulate Issued ID or Mexican Passport.
Shippers Export Declaration (SED) - Obtained from a US customs broker if value of pick-up truck exceeds US$2,500.
Pedimento - Obtained from a Mexican customs broker. The customs broker will charge you the following fees and taxes to obtain a pedimento.
General import tax - 2,500 Mexican Pesos
Mexican customs processing fee
Document validation fee
Mexican value added tax
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip   Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:03 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
Mike, it did make national news. Sad really.

Yeah San Antonio is about as close as I get to the Mexican Border now.

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip   Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:11 pm

TEXAS WATER TANK

Take a look at what shows up at a South Texas stock water tank in dry weather!

For those of you who have never hunted in South Texas , sometimes we post

motion detector cameras at our feeders/tanks to see what is going on.

Check out this sequence at a water tank.

Mountain Lion
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Lion

Deer
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Deer

Javelina--Wild Boars
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Boars

????
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Dontknow

Badger--Wolverine???
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Badger

Bobcat
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Bobcat

Fox
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Fox

Owl
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Owl

Future USA citizens and Democratic Voters
Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Citizens

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip   Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Easter Weekend Wagon Road Trip
Page 1 of 1