GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner

Go down 
+3
BigBlackBeaSSt
Cadet57
81X11
7 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Empty
PostSubject: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 1:19 pm

I keep standing by the mailbox waiting for my award to show up....

Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Exxon005
Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Exxon003
Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Exxon008
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:10 pm

Hippies must love you. Laughing

The other day while getting gas in the Caprice a Prius pulled up, after I got a scowl from the driver I told him thank you, thank you for saving some dead dinosaurs for me. Cool
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:24 pm

What those idiots seem to forget is that we are the ultimate recycle'rs with our old crap. So the plastics do not get produced (oil) every 4 years for a new car for us. In addition what happens to the toxic batteries when the Prius stops priusing?

My sister will not even wax her prius because it "does not sustainability effect the re-sale value". He theory is that you spend more $$ and time keeping it clean than what it is worth in resale. She also vacations all over the world. Not sure if her "carbon print" is any smaller than mine!!! Jet fuel, boat fuel (cruises), rental cars, etc..

If you think about it we are all very kind to the planet!!! After all my car is green!!! (DGGM that is).

OK off the soap box!!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:27 pm

You're spot on Tim. Not to mention the fact that the people who go out and buy hybrids or electrics are losing money. Take a friend of mine, had a paid off low mile '97 Blazer. When gas spiked in 08 he went and bought a Prius. So now instead of paying $250/mo for gas (his estimate) he's now paying $400/mo for the Prius plus gas, insurance, etc. Whereas the Blazers only cost was fuel, insurance and the like. Silly Silly Silly...
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 2:34 pm

In my sisters words, "ITS NOT ABOUT THE MONEY!!!"...... Easy to say when your husband makes $250K+ per year!!!! When your income is cut in half due to a career change (layoff), $400 car payments ARE about the money............

If I made that much I to would own a Pruis...........AND USE IT AS A SPEED BUMP IN MY DRIVEWAY FOR MY 1 TON DIESEL CAR PULLER!!!!! (I have a dream!!!).

There is also the fact they are dangerous for firefighters to extract people from at accident scenes do to the high amperage cables that run through the chassis.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:29 pm

the carbon foot print in the making of the batteries for a prius is far larger than the current over all carbon foot print for one of our wagons. It's not a green vehicle in any stretch of the imagination.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:46 pm

doubt if they'll be many priusizs around in 20 years still being driven, 200,000miles etc etc,

Nick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 5:51 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens once batteries start crapping out.

Are the older ones rusting out already up north?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:38 pm

My brothers inlaws had a first gen Prius and it was a piece of junk.His mother-in-law use to
brag about doing her part for the planet.I would just laugh and tell her that the only doing
was to her by toyota.She was a dumbass for thinking that she was doing anything but lining
toyotas pockets.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 6:55 pm

wanna save the planet,.??? stop the oil companies from running the world??
make an electric car that has a 200mile range at 60mph,.takes 4hrs to recharge, seats 6 adults comfortably,goes 0-60 in 6 secs,.has a top speed of 100mph,.
and only costs 10g's new.
I,m in,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:01 pm

I will say the 8-10mpg I seem to get in that Caddy is a bit much....it slurps gas!!

The exhaust manifold is done, the brakes are fixed, and she's SO quiet now! I've yet to tackle the trans leak or sort out the cruise control, but it's coming along.

I need to go take the Caddy to the Toyota house and get a pic of it next to a Prius. Ha!

One interesting thing, the doors on the Caddy are not as long as the doors on the 79 Buick. The Caddy is just barely longer than the Buick front-to-rear, but it is wider than the 79.

Fun-Fun!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 7:35 pm

I used to get crap from people about driving my 9C1 and Roadmaster as dailies because they had "big V8s." This from the people who drove their SUVs 18 miles each way to work. I live 1.5 miles away and drive old cars - who's the bigger greenie?

Here I was thinking you were referring to that assinine Sunoco "free gas" promotion where they had people slapping stickers on their bumpers and if they "caught you filling up at a Sunoco station with that sticker, you got free gas." Yeah uh huh. I'm sure lots of people got free gas on that one.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Things are getting bad here,

5 gas tanks drilled and gas taken on the same street.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 9:54 pm

lornejay1 wrote:
Things are getting bad here,

5 gas tanks drilled and gas taken on the same street.

Dang we're not there yet! That's scary! It's $3.62 here, but in Dallas it was $3.85

Pretty pitiful...there is no shortage of oil right now, it's all just greed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner   Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exxon Customer Appreciation Award winner
Page 1 of 1