GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.

Go down 
+9
phantom 309
lakeffect
sherlock9c1
DBeaSSt
Sprocket
Nick Danger
BigBlackBeaSSt
Krzdimond
Bewber
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Empty
PostSubject: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:27 am

So at 35, I've been a veteran young guy for a little while now. I generally feel like I'm pretty good at holding my spot on the roster, but there were a couple things today that made me wonder how much longer till I unofficially graduate to being a rookie oldster. Is this the hill that 40 is the peak of?

Here are some things from my day today that could be mistaken as evidence:

The bank:
I was supposed to go to the bank, take out $65 plus $10 in one dollar bills for a kids birthday card. Simple enough right? Wrong. I went there, withdrew $75 and left. As I left the parking lot, I had the feeling that I'd forgotten something. I realized it was my sunglasses, so I turned around and went back to the bank, parked again, walked back in and got them. When I returned to my car and put them on, I noticed a big blurry spot to the lower left. I cleaned the left lense of the glasses and put them back on my face THREE times before I realized there was actually a big blurry spot in my actual vision. Sweet.

From there, my next stop went ok, till I realized I'd forgotten the dang $1 bills. So, I went back to the bank - again. I got the ones, and left. Cool? No, not cool. I then had to turn back around again, and go back in, again, because I'd forgotten my sunglasses in the same spot in front of the same teller as I did 15 minutes prior. It was a slow time of day, so everyone there saw me walk in both times of both visits. I could tell they noticed because the 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th times I walked in within that 15 minute span, I was asked why I'd been gone so long. Talk about feeling like a friggin idiot.

Hobby Lobby:
After going to the bank and then the bank, I had to go get a couple pieces of my artwork matted and framed at Hobby Lobby. After having the framing and matting pro explain to me what I needed 3 times, I politely declared that he must not have been paying attention to what I'd said I needed. Within seconds in the frame aisle where I was going to SHOW him, I had a brand new epiphony of what I'd actually need to make it work. As I revised my instrucitons of what I'd need, it all began to sound pretty familiar, and I could tell by his expression why. He verified that I was having comprehension issues, and I then let the guy who does THAT for a living do what he knew he needed to do with my stuff before I even walked up. It didn't help my pride any that I had about 10 years on him.

Back at home:
So back at home with the kids, the day was WAY too nice to stay inside, but most of the yard was still flooded from the rain - so they talked me into joining them on the trampoline. Yes, the trampoline. I haven't been on a trampoline since I weighed less than HALF of what I do now. Here's how a trampoline works if you're old and 250 pounds: It's fun for a minute, then you gain enough sassy to catch air and even though you couldn't ask for a softer landing - your knees and ankles ask you almost audibly "Seriously? WTF are you thinking??!!" Since I struggle with comprehension, I continued anyway. Then the kids all go, "jump up and land on your butt! It's FUN!" And you think, "hey, my ankles will thank me. This sounds perfect and they do make it look pretty easy!" Then you do it, and you friggin BOTTOM OUT the trampoline, and as your butt dimples the ground, your jarred spine says almost audibly, "Seriously? WTF are you thinking??!!" Since I struggle with comprehension, I continued anyway for about another hour - just not as aggressively.

This was all followed by visiting my dad for his SEVENTY FOURTH birthday. Don't get me wrong, I trulely love the big guy with all I got and I think it's great that he's 74, but him being 74 really hurts my credibility for claiming that I'm in my late 20's. The math just isn't there anymore, even if you round the numbers generously.

So now as I sit here on the couch, avoiding the painful ascent up the stairway to the bedroom, I'm starting to reflect on the gorgeous spring day and just how little of it felt young and "new again". Forgetfullness, blurred vision, unable to understand simple instruction of a simple problem, my dad is 74, and I feel like I got a full body beat down from a TRAMPOLINE - and it's starting to sink in that maybe, juuuuust maybe, I might not be as young as I used to be.

So for you more experienced guys, do you remember having any one specific day where you saw the nose on your face, or was it a slow realization over a long period of time, or how does this whole thing work?

Painfully,
John in Flint

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 4:29 am

What was the question again?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 6:01 am

Type louder I can't hear you...........
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 6:34 am

The summer that I turned 42, I had the following things happen to me:

The barber said, "Shall I trim your ears?"
The doctor said, "Don't worry, those are just age spots."
The optometrist said, "It's time to get you bifocals."

They all told me that within a few months of each other. I realized that I was getting old. Neutral

I've also been told, "It's easy to get in shape when you're in your 20s. You can coast when you're in your 30s. But when you're in your 40s, you have to work at it." Since I got pretty fit when I was 29-30, and then coasted on it for a decade, I knew exactly what he meant. Because my lazy attitude bit me after that, and I got fat.

Use caution with the picture framers at Hobby Lobby. Mrs Danger has 20+ years experience as a picture framer. She hangs out online at a picture framer forum. The whole forum hates Hobby Lobby. They all have spent way too much time explaining to customers that Hobby Lobby screwed up the job, and that it will cost $$$ to repair it. So if what they're doing doesn't make sense, get a second opinion. That clerk who's been matting pictures for six months may well be wrong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:24 am

The day I was surfing and the 14 year old kid asked me if my wife was my daughter....

The girl at the supermarket said she didn't have to card me because she KNEW I was an "old guy". THis was just after the lady infront of me in her late 40s-50s got carded for a bottle wine with $100 worth of groceries. All I had was a 12 pack on the belt. I asked her how old is an 'old guy' and she said oh you look like you are 37. I was 37 and very depressed.....bitch, lol

there are other examples, but I can't think of them right now...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 12:10 pm

WOW I feel pretty good about what happened to me.I was buying groceries on tuesday and
an elderly gentlemen in front of me was bragging about his senior discount.I asked the cashier
how old did I have to be to get the discount and she said 55.Well I said give me the discount please and she CARDED ME because she said there was no way I was 55.I am standing there
enjoying the moment when the bag boy laughs and says that they are all trained to say that' to make the customer feel happy about the shopping at Farm Fresh.My great feeling is now
gone when the cashier says,oh by the way Happy Birthday as I turn 56 tomorrow.And then she says that her father was 56 when he died from a complication after surgery.
I feel so old and confused as I forgot where I parked!
Screw It
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Kids these days.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Hey John(Bewber)remember what I said when you made the comment about not being born yet?The getting even has begun my friend so be prepared!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:12 pm

John, I'm almost the same age as you. While I can still work hard and get stuff done, I definitely feel it more afterward now than I used to. When I was younger, I used to cut down trees, install hardwood floors, install multiple 4L60Es on the garage floor by myself, etc, and I was usually okay after a day or too. Not any more. Certain parts hurt more often that didn't hurt before. Nowadays I am very careful with my joints, always lay down on padding if I have to lay on the ground, never jump down onto anything, am careful with my vision, hearing, hands, etc.

The fact is we're ALL getting older and our bodies are slowly aging and dying. If we keep this in mind, live accordingly, and take care of ourselves, we'll be in better shape down the road. If you live in denial, you are fighting the inevitable.

Three things of note:
1. Proper posture. Head up straight, shoulders back, DON'T SLOUCH. I went to a physical therapist a few months ago for some random weird neuropathy, and persistent stiff neck / pain, among other things. The exercises didn't seem to help much, but after a few months of working on my posture, the numbness is gone. Also, had to retrain myself to sleep on my back. HUGE improvement in neck pain.
2. Lose weight. Even 15-20 pounds will make a huge difference. Especially with your knees.
3. Lastly, sleep. There is a small percentage of people who can get along just fine with only 5 hours of sleep a night (or less). Everybody else can't. Some people try to fake it, and they do a lot of damage to themselves in the process. If you're in this group (and i find myself there a lot), just suck it up, scale your life back a bit, and get some sleep. You will feel 100 times better.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 pm

I might agree with what's his name, but I forgot... I forgot....

Ah... what was I thinking about. again ..

Oh yeah, take the Christmas lights down, the ones I forgot to take down two years ago..

Ever been looking for a tool or your car keys unsuccessfully, only to find them in your left hand and have no idea how long they've been there? Been there.. did that.

Last edited by lakeffect on Mon May 02, 2011 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 11:51 pm

eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 3:11 pm

Yea Dave I do that with my glasses all the time except I am wearing them while I am looking
for them.Wait what were we talking about?
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:02 pm

or answered the TV remote......twice.....
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 4:33 pm

You guys are funneh. I had a LOT on my mind that day and was also coming down with a cold, making me feel like crap before I knew why. I still have the head cold and some of the body aches, so I know it wasn't just from jumping around with the kids.

I'm on cough/throat drops like they're candy, and on Saturday, we got home from Blaser's soccer game at 330, and I slept from 3:45 - 10pm.

Need to shake this funk!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Bewber wrote:
You guys are funneh. I had a LOT on my mind that day and was also coming down with a cold, making me feel like crap before I knew why. I still have the head cold and some of the body aches, so I know it wasn't just from jumping around with the kids.

I'm on cough/throat drops like they're candy, and on Saturday, we got home from Blaser's soccer game at 330, and I slept from 3:45 - 10pm.

Need to shake this funk!

I've been chukking up green crap for a week now, although finally it's starting to be less green and more white. 1000mg Vitamin C 3x a day and lots of water. Man it's fun to have flourescent pee
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:34 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Bewber wrote:

Need to shake this funk!

I've been chukking up green crap for a week now, although finally it's starting to be less green and more white. 1000mg Vitamin C 3x a day and lots of water. Man it's fun to have flourescent pee

Matches the paint on your house........ lol!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Did you ever pick up the phone and start to dial on the calculator next to it?

Or try to add numbers on the phone instead of the calculator?

How long did it take for you to realize the numbers are in the reverse order?

What's the square root of 867-5309 ? Jennie Jennie knows!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:19 pm

I heard Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" on the classic rock station.... That's when it hit me that I was no longer young anymore..

Oh and when I heard Tom Petty was turning 60 I nearly ran off the road...
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 11:54 pm

Steve Tyler of Arrowsmith - 63 years old

Keith Richards - older than dirt.

Eric (what's his name?) Clapton wears bifocals.

I keep getting offers from AARP.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:18 am

Don't feel so bad John, I'm dating a grand mother! Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:05 am

OK Pat wins because he's dating a grandmother and that tops the list.My brother was teasing me about turning 56 sunday and I said at least my beard wont look like
the checkered flag at a car race.You know you are getting old when you keep calling your dog and its laying in bed with you!That happened to me recently and you
cant believe the look on my dogs face when I realized she was right beside me!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:39 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
You know you are getting old when you keep calling your dog and its laying in bed with you!That happened to me recently and you
cant believe the look on my dogs face when I realized she was right beside me!
Jim Gordon

Just screwing the pooch huh?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Does it mean you're getting old if your twin brother starts asking if HE's getting old?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:04 pm

Cute Nick,as usual tasteless and crude just like all your childish comments!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:52 pm

Ok I'm 44 and way over weight, and i've been hanging around this 18 year old girl for sometime now. Well yesterday she asked me to fix her car at her house. So I went over there, knocked on the door and she yelled back that she was in the shower. So I headed back outside and worked on her car. Well as I was working on her car she opens the door and to my surprise, all she is wearing is a towel. And it didn't cover much. I stood up and looked at her and stared then said dam you look good! Then put my dam head back under the hood and finsihed working. Now if I was younger I would have dropped everything and went inside and had my way. Now the reason I say that is becuase she went back inside and then came out with a sun dress on, a short one at that and I mean short. I was stunned yet again. Well I get her car runnning and she says let take it for a ride so we did. So as we are going down the road she kept pulling on her dress because it was short. well nothing but beautiful legs just sitting right there within reach. So touched them, yup I did. She didn't say anything. Well we get back to her place and we go inside to talk. Well let me tell you what she did next,...she says let me go out some pants on, sure is what I'm thinking. Come to find out the girl wasn't wearing any undies. My jaw jus t about dropped. But did I do anything? Nope my mind over powered my will, to old to even think I could handle that. So so sad. I'm such a loser. On the upside she wants to hang out even more now. : ) time to get in shape - Yeah right!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:03 pm

At 44 you should know better and its going to cost you dearly and it should.Find someone
your own age and stop chasing after an 18 year old child who is using you for your mechanical
skills.If she was my daughter and I caught a 44 year old man sniffing around her,you would
be in trouble..
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:22 pm

I didn't do anything but touch the leg Jim and I knew that was wrong then. That is why I didn't act on anything.

I suppose I should have said I was only telling you guy's this because I wanted to show you what old age is doing to me. Because if I was younger, I know the outcome would have been totally different. Sorry if I offend anyone.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:18 pm

You're not too old for this ****, until you hear your kids say that THEY"RE too old for this ****......
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 9:28 am

Jarrod, you sound out of practice - so just make sure that poor girl is current on her tetanus shot before you expose her to any rusty old nuts.

As much as I want to scold Jim and encourage Jarrod - I do have to admit that the father in me realizes that when my oldest daughter is 18, I'll be about 44. If she enjoyed the company of an older guy who was respectful and they got along great - and he could tolerate her crap, that'd be one thing. It'd be odd and he'd be in my sights, but I'd keep the safety on. But if there was the same age difference and he was aggressively chasing after her, I would help him relocate .......... his teeth. Very Happy

This sounds like the former - and dude - touching her leg isn't wrong. She's a legal, consenting adult, with her leg hanging out there TO BE TOUCHED - and also - it's just a friggin leg.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 8:58 pm

AS LONG AS IT WAS DONE IN A B-BODY WAGON...

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:29 pm

Oh yea as long as you risk your freedom and your future earnings in a B body wagon all is
good.Whats an 18 year old doing hanging out with an overweight 44 year old guy and
enticing him into touching her leg and walking around in a towel with no panties on.Even if
absolutely nothing happens,the stink that comes with this situation will not go away overnite
and you will have the stares and whispers follow you around for a very long time.
She is not worth it no matter how cute!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:20 am

Haha Jim. If Jarrod gets lucky and there's a stink that doesn't go way overnite, he should see a Dr.

Can we at least all agree the situation would be much more understandable if the young adult woman was "topheavy", and/or had red hair, and/or had a little meat on her bones? All 3 = kryptonite, btw.

Needless to say, this thread has become useless without pics.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:33 am

LMFAO,....

And Bewber: I love the red hair and extra meat of the 3 kryponite feature. I need one sweet arse to be on my kryponite list. Or just well poportioned.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:49 am

Bewber wrote:
Needless to say, this thread has become useless without pics.

WAY TOO FUNNY! cheers
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:29 am

Eighteen year olds are delightful to look at. Too bad that they haven't anything in common with us old guys, so there's nothing to talk about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 1:57 pm

Perks to being 20.

Right there.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Life goes on. When I was 20, I was thin, dressed in black, and listened to bands like the Dead Kennedys and X. Now I have a 401k and a mortgage, and talk about rude doctors.

But I'm married to a pornographic artist, so I'm not hopelessly square.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:02 pm

Damn...I married an accountant. Sad
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:28 pm

and I'm still with the Nana..mind you a very hot one, bewber's met her and can back me on that ....

Jarrod Life is short, so enjoy it while you can, Jim and the others are just jealous that you can still attract the 18 year olds....
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Well now that I got Pat's blessing, I guess this subject is over. LOL! And Pat,...I got to meet Nana.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:04 pm

Oh boy Jarrod,be sure and let us know how much she is charging you.Maybe you remind her
of her daddy.
LOL
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:31 am

N/C if it make u feel better. And trust me I don't look like her dad. Even her mom likes me thought you should know. LOL!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 11:48 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Cute Nick,as usual tasteless and crude just like all your childish comments!
Jim Gordon

well i,m not the one with a tight halo thats uptight about age differences, and i,m not sleeping with a dog,.

when i was 18 i lived with a 39yr old woman for 7yrs,. i left her and took up with another 40yr old woman,.stayed with her for 8yrs or so,.(in both relationships both parties got what they wanted,.)
I left her and lived with an 18yr old for nearly two years, i was 33,. we got along well,
So to people that are uptight about other peoples business,. age differences etc,. how about you let go of your puritanical views which you seem to think you should be able to impose on others as you see fit,. and let consenting adults do as they please,.
I,ve met , women in their 20's and their 30's that were less worldlywise than some other girls in their teens,.
There are laws in place to protect children,. but no laws to protect adults from children (children as defined by the law)
coming in contact with an aggressive curious teen girl can be a very difficult situation to deal with, especially one that is 'worldlywise'
the 18 yr old woman in question might have the attitude that folks should not interfere with her life.

jm2c
Nick
slept with a couple of dogs along the way,.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 1:11 pm

I give up,Jarrod do what you want with her,I am sure there wont be any consequences.Wow
Nick you da man slept around and all those woman old and young,that makes you a stud.
Go impress someone else with your sexual antics!
I wonder if it was your daughter about to make the same mistake would you still be so pompous!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 5:01 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
I give up,Jarrod do what you want with her,I am sure there wont be any consequences.Wow
Nick you da man slept around and all those woman old and young,that makes you a stud.
Go impress someone else with your sexual antics!
I wonder if it was your daughter about to make the same mistake would you still be so pompous!
Jim Gordon

Hmm,. you really are uptight,.no where have i said anything about any sexual escapades or antics,. you are spending too much time with the dog assuming things,.and i could certainly tell tales of of sexual antics,. but thats for another day another thread in a different forum,the point was the difference in ages, .and i,d think that 7 and 8 yr long relationships would hardly be considered sleeping around,
Interesting that you're easily impressed,. and it would seem you,ve been REpressed most of your life to have the kind of views you have
as for my daughter i hope by the age of 18,. she'll be able to make her own life decisions, i'll still offer my opinion,. but the decisions will be hers, without fear of being judged.

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Be careful Nick because you have ceased sounding like a liberal and you are dangerously close to talking like one of
those "New Age Pedophiles".Let the legal age kids make up their own minds and if its between consenting adults and
nobody gets hurt.I know right from wrong and you are WRONG.No amount of your liberal crap is going to make me
or others think its OK for a 44 year old to chase after an 18 year old no matter how "worldlywise"she is.In my book
your homebrewed phrase "worldlywise"is just another word for promiscuios and that dont make it right either.If my
beliefs make me old fashioned so be it.And another thing my dogs are like my children and when a child is sick I keep
them close too me especially when they have been throwing up blood.Now maybe you would let your children fend
for themselves when they are sick and hope they make the right decisions.We all see the decisions 18 year olds
make daily on the news and in the newspapers.18 years old may be legal but they still need guidance and the smart
ones will at least listen to what you have to say if they were brought up to respect their elders but not screw them.
I am sure you will have something witty to say but it wont matter to me one damn bit.
Thats My Opinion
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:05 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Be careful Nick because you have ceased sounding like a liberal and you are dangerously close to talking like one of
those "New Age Pedophiles".Let the legal age kids make up their own minds and if its between consenting adults and
nobody gets hurt.I know right from wrong and you are WRONG.No amount of your liberal crap is going to make me
or others think its OK for a 44 year old to chase after an 18 year old no matter how "worldlywise"she is.In my book
your homebrewed phrase "worldlywise"is just another word for promiscuios and that dont make it right either.If my
beliefs make me old fashioned so be it.And another thing my dogs are like my children and when a child is sick I keep
them close too me especially when they have been throwing up blood.Now maybe you would let your children fend
for themselves when they are sick and hope they make the right decisions.We all see the decisions 18 year olds
make daily on the news and in the newspapers.18 years old may be legal but they still need guidance and the smart
ones will at least listen to what you have to say if they were brought up to respect their elders but not screw them.
I am sure you will have something witty to say but it wont matter to me one damn bit.
Thats My Opinion
Jim Gordon

Again i believe you are incapable of reading anything as its written,. i am wrong/ on what count? or how? as far as i can read from my post, my point is at the age of 18 in my country,.having reached the legal voting age, one might think that as adults they should be allowed to follow their own path in life, They should also be aware of the social safeguards in place to deal with unwanted attention.Funny values you have, 18 yr olds can be sent overseas to kill on behalf of your country,are you comfortable with that?
Your book is written with few words,.and your understanding of most things seems to lean towards promiscuous or sexual etc,. which again leads me to believe you are very uptight.and you have no respect for the laws of your own country, it would seem you assume to know better.

As for comparing your dogs to my children,..don't paraphrase any more insults towards me with the word "maybe"
I don't deal in maybe 's i deal in absolutes.
As for calling me a "new age pedophile"
Just Maybe you should govern yourself accordingly from this point on.

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 8:18 pm

Lets leave our countrys out of this because I am sure you have more than a mouthful to say
about the US.Your kind can rationalize anything no matter how right or wrong it truly is.I
was always curious how someone can get permanently BANNED from a forum and after
listening to your latest rant,I understand how completely Nick.Are you going to start making
threats you cant possibly carry out?Have at it !
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:20 pm

I am only going to say this with the intent of moderation (not in my capacity with the forum, but with the conversation)

I have been stationed overseas for MANY years and have seen more than my share of "diverse" cultures and beliefs. We here in the US have some of the most prudish people on the planet....... all in the name of one religion or another (NO, I am not saying this is a religious conversation, nor do I wish to make it into one, just that our beliefs/laws are rooted in such)

Who determines what is "proper" and what is not?

Prostitution is illegal/immoral here, but not in the "rest of the world", nude beaches? Not here, buddy. Can't even smoke in public in some states.

As for that cute little 18 year old, she is OF LEGAL AGE! Simple and to the point. There are no laws against anything that the two of them CHOOSE to do. As for my daughter (who will be 30 on Monday, BTW), at the age of 18, she had to move out and start her own life and make her own mistakes. I am, and always will, be here to offer advice that she will choose to never heed.

the use of the term Pedophile does not apply here as she IS OF LEGAL AGE.

There is an 8 year difference between my wife and I. When I was 18, she was 26. Jim, what is an "acceptable" age difference? 2years? 4 years?

Now that I have said this, Jim, I am in NO WAY saying that you are wrong in your thought process. Both of my sisters think the same way you do. It is neither right or wrong, just that we think differently. That diversity is what makes us who we are and should be embraced.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 10:27 pm

Well said Robert and understood completely!The discussion is now over and I will no longer discuss it here on this forum.Nick no hard feelings on this end.Washed the LT-1 wagon today
and of course its now raining.Stuff happens and then you die.
Take Care All
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.   Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for the rookie old guys, from a veteran young guy.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next