GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Identity Theft

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Identity Theft Empty
PostSubject: Identity Theft   Identity Theft Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 10:14 pm

Well its happened again,some low life got my ATM card number and went shopping at my espense.Checked my balance
this AM and found 2 charges in the amounts of $116.33 and $3.49 for a application program to some college in Canada.
Well I am getting my money back but these low lifes scumbags are making me crazy.This is the second time this year.
I never use my ATM card for anything but cash advances but this scum got my number and decided to go shopping.
Guys watch who is around you anytime you take that card out and never leave a receipt laying around that can be
used later.Getting a new card that cant be used for anything but cash advances in amounts that only I know about.
The woman at my bank said that Wachovia single largest expense is identity theft protection and prevention.Told me
that they have had to literally rewrite the rules concerning these bastards and that the cost of developing programs
to catch these people has tripled in the last 5 years.
Be Careful
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Identity Theft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identity Theft   Identity Theft Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 11:11 pm

It's REALLY common. Sorry to hear and hope it gets sorted out fast!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Identity Theft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identity Theft   Identity Theft Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 7:18 am

time for a new bank maybe?

I had a corporate Credit Card get violated and the a-hole bought a bunch of hacking software online with it.....

Also had my wallet stolen (broke out window in car and stole my pants with the wallet in it) and that jerk paid his MSN ISP acct with it!!! I figured we had him caught, but Microsoft being the money grubbing douchebags they are wouldn't release the info to the police without some sort of processing fee which the detective explained to me he wasn't allowed to spend money on so the guy got away with it......that pissed me off (and the detective) and I now have NO PROBLEM with accepting any MS product that has been copied.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Identity Theft Empty
PostSubject: Re: Identity Theft   Identity Theft Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Identity Theft
Page 1 of 1